Document Type : Research Paper
PhD of Sport Management, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Physical Education, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Faculty of Physical Education, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
The aim of this study was to investigate the mediating role of perceived value in the relationship of customer knowledge with customer loyalty and competitive advantage in Iran premier league football clubs. The research method was descriptive correlation and applied in terms of the aim. The statistical population included all fans (over the age of 18) of Persepolis and Esteghlal teams who watched their matches either through attending the stadium or through the television and the internet. Factor analysis was used to confirm the construct validity of customer knowledge questionnaire. The reliability of the customer knowledge, loyalty, perceived value and competitive advantage questionnaires was obtained using Cronbach's alpha coefficient: 0.98, 0.97, 0.93 and 0.49 respectively. The investigation of the relationships of the variables showed that the model was suitable and economical with indirect relationship in which the mediating role of perceived value was confirmed. The results showed that the model with indirect relationship with lower AIC was more efficient than the model with direct relationship and without the mediating role of perceived value. That is to say the clubs that manage the knowledge of their customers lead to commitment and then competitive advantage in other clubs. On the other hand, the perceived value of the spectators facilitates the relationship of variables.
- Galan T, Janet S, Dean F. Sportspectator consumption Behavior .Sport marketing Quarterly. 2003; 12(1):7-17.
- Beyrami eigder J.Determining [the Relationship between Dimensions of Service Quality and Satisfaction and Citizenship Behavior of Audiences (in persian)].[MSc]. University of Tehran. 2013; 83-41.
- Baharifar A, Javaherikamel M. [Investigating the Consequences of Organizational Ethical Values by Investigating Organizational Justice, Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior (in persian)]. Human Rights Development Policies. 2010; 28(7): 29-31.
- Bagheri S M, Asghari F. [A Survey on the Coordination between Business-Level Strategies and Market Orientation in the Life-cycle Processes (in persian)]. Journal of Marketing Management. 2013; 19: 119-125.
- Saliss & Jones. Customer Knowledge Management and E-commerce:The role of customer perceived risk. International Journal of Information. Management. 2002;28(3) 102–113.
- Akhavan P, Haidari S. [Customer Knowledge Management An Approach to Obtaining Competitive Advantage (in persian)]. Managing Journal of Tomorrow. 2011; 18: 45-53.
- Darroch J, McNaughton R. Beyond market orientation-Knowledge management and the innovativeness of New Zealand firms. European Journal of Marketing. 2003;37(3):572-593.
- Day G.S. Managing Market Relationships. Journal of the Academy ofMarketing Science 2000; 2891): 24-30.
- Cutler P, Clerk Q. Marketing Management. Translation by Mehdi Amir Jafari. 1nd ed. Tehran, Nas Publisher; 2016.
- Moussa Khani M, Haghighi M, Turkzadeh S. [Presentation of a Model for Customer Loyalty Using Customer Knowledge Management in the Banking Industry of Iran (in persian)]. Commercial Management Magazine. 2012; 12 (4): 147-164.
- Chiou,S, Droge C, Hanvanich C. Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?. Journal of Service Research. 2002;5(2):113-124.
- Zahari A, Rosman M, Rajamaryam R, Norhafizah A. The important of Knowledge Management and Customer Knowledge Management in Enhancing Organizational Performance. International Business Management. 2016;10(14):2724-2731.
- Daneshfard K, Zakeri M. [The Effect of Knowledge Management on the Strengthening of Competitive Power of Consultants Engineers (in persian)]. Quarterly Journal Basirat. 2009; 45 (7): 21-38.
- Hayati A. Knowledge Sharing Success for Sustaining Organizational Competitive Advantage. Hayati Abdul-Jalal et al. Procedia Economics and Finance.2013; 4(7): 150 – 157.
- Hasanzadeh m, Seyed mahaleh SF. (2013).Effect of Knowledge Management on Success of Customer Relationship Management in Eghtesad Novin Bank of Tehran. Int.J.Buss.Mgt.Eco.Res. 2013; 4(6):839-848.
- Pavicic,J. et al. CUSToMER KNowLEDGE MANAGEMENT. TowARD SoCIAL CRM I n t e r n a t i o n a l J o u r n a l o f M a n a g e m e n t C a s e s, 2009; 3(2):45-53.
- Shieh CJ. (2009). Study on the relations among the customer knowledge management,learning organization, and organizational performance. The Service Industries Journal. 2009. 31(5):791 –807.
- Ofek E, Miklos S. Leveraging the Customer Base: Creating Competitive Advantage Through Knowledge Management. Management Science. 2001;47(11): 1441–1456.
- Zhilin Y, T. Peterson. Customer Perceived Value,Satisfaction, and Loyalty: The Role of Switching Costs. Psychology & Marketing. 2004; 21(10):799–822.
- Huber f and et all. Gaining competitive advantage through customer value oriented management. JOURNAL OF CONSUMER MARKETING .2003. 18(1): 39-50.
- Woodruff R. Customer value: the next source for competitive advantage. Journal of the academy of marketing scince. 1997;25(2) 139-153.
- Al-Shammari M. Customer knowledge management. 1nd ed. IGI (Idea Group Incorporation) publication; 2009; 1: 131-139.
- Sadeghpour B, Moradi V. [Statistical analysis with SPSS and AMOS software(in persian)].1nd ed. Mazandaran, Mazandaran University Press; 2010; 1: 81-99.