Document Type : Research Paper
University of Birjand
With the contextual analysis of the subject, this study attempted to explain the national sport policy. Given the importance of education in the development path, this paper adopted an educational sport approach. Due to the ambiguity and dependence of known factors, this paper used the inductive method to collect data, so this study was conducted with a qualitative approach using the grounded theory. Deep and semi-structured interviews were used to collect data. The statistical population consisted of academic experts and top managers of Iran sport. The samples were selected by purposive sampling method and continued until saturation based on theoretical sampling method. The results showed the dependency of sport development on the educational sport, and the social development on sport development. They also showed that the development of the comprehensive plan of sport development can lead to the efficient employment of resources, the development of movement attentions, the modification of attitudes and the elimination of perceptional misunderstandings in addition to the role it plays in developing sport. Finally, the theory of Iran was provided given the explored framework.
- Yetim A. Sociology and sports. Ankara: Berikan Publishing House. 2010
- Tripes S. Zelena V. Voracek J. Kral P. Knowledge Modeling of National Sport Policy. proceedings of 7th WSEAS International conference on business administration. 2013:54-59. ISBN: 978-1-61804-152-4.
- Green M. Collins S. Policy, Politics and Path Dependency: Sport Development in Australia and Finland. Sport Management Review. 2008; 11(3): 225-251.
- Sadria A. Sport and sustainable development. The First National Symposium on City and Sport. NCCS01. Tehran. 2006:1-10. [In Persian]
- Mull R.F Bayless K.G. Jamieson L.M. Recreational sport management. 4th edition, Human Kinetics. 2005: 354.
- Kashef M. The 4th National Conference on Sport Sciences and Physical Education of Iran. SPORTCONF04. Tehran. 2018:86-87. [In Persian]
- Ehsani M. Amiri M. Gharehkhani H. Designing and Developing the Strategic System of Professional Sport. Sport Management Review. 2013; 5(17):123-134. [In Persian]
- Côté J. Lidor R. Hackfort D. ISSP position stand: to sample or to specialize? Seven postulates about youth sport activities that lead to continued participation and elite performance. International Journal of Sport Exercise Psychology. 2009; 9: 7—17.
- Côté J. Vierimaa M. The developmental model of sport participation: 15 years after its first conceptualization. Science & Sports. 2014; 29:63-69.
- Stuij M. Stokvis R. Sport, health and the genesis of a physical activity policy in the Netherlands. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics. 2015; 7(2):217-232.
- Wood C. Hall K. Physical education or playtime: which is more effective at promoting physical activity in primary school children?. Wood and Hall BMC Research Notes. 2015; 8: 12.
- Bryant A. Charmaz K. Introduction. Grounded theory research: Methods and practices. In Antony Bryant & Kathy Charmaz (Eds.), The Sage handbook of grounded theory, London: Sage, 2007:1-28.
- Mani P. Research into the value of quality physical education and school sport. Research Directions. 2013; 1(1): 1-3.
- Donnellya P. Atkinsona M. Boyle S. Szto C. Sport for Development and Peace: a public sociology perspective. Third World Quarterly. 2011; 32(3):589-601.
- Levermore R. Evaluating sport-for-development: Approaches and critical issues. Progress in Development Studies. 2011; 11: 339-353.
- Lyras A. Peachey J.W. Integrating sport-for-development theory and praxis. Sport Management Review. 2011; 14(4): 311–326.
- Edwards M. B. The role of sport in community capacity building: An examination of sport for development research and practice. Sport Management Review. 2015; 18(1): 6–19.
- Malakootian M. Sport and politics. Politic Quarterly. 2009; 39(2):301-316. [In Persian]
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. State Indicator Report on Physical Activity. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 2008:1-27.
- Finkelstein E. A. Di Bonaventura M. D. Burgess S. M. Hale B.C. The Costs of Obesity in the Workplace. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (JOEM). 2010; 52(10): 971-6.
- De Bosscher V. Bingham J. Shibli S. Van Bottenburg M. De Knop P. An international comparative study on sports policy factors leading to international sporting success. The global Sporting Arms Race. Aachen: Meyer & Meyer. ISBN: 978-1-84126-228-4. 2008:p173.
- Deniz S. Yenel F. The Structural Analysis of Physical Education and Sports System in the Turkish Republic Of Northern Cyprus. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2013; 89: 772 – 780.
- Ennis CD. Implementing meaningful, educative curricula and assessments in complex school environments. Sport Education Society. 2012; 18:115-120.
- Weston A. The making of American physical education. New York: Appleton Century Crofts. 1962: 1-315.
- Society of Health and Physical Educators. SHAPE. America national standards and grade level outcomes for K-12 physical education. Champaign. IL: Human Kinetics. 2014:1-42.
- Penney D. Jess M. Physical education and physically active lives: a lifelong approach to curriculum development. Sport Education Society. 2004; 9: 269-87.