Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. of Sport Management, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
Professor, Department of Sport Management, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
The aim of this study was to design a model of the effect of marketing mix and brand image on the pleasure and communication commitment of the fans of the two popular teams of Tehran. The present study was descriptive in terms of collecting data and applied in terms of aims, which was carried out in the form of a field study. The statistical population included all the spectators of one of the games played by two popular Tehran teams (Esteghlal and Persepolis) who had been purchased tickets and attended the stadium. 350 subjects were randomly selected based on the items of the questionnaires (35 items). The basic research model was designed by the review of the related literature; a questionnaire was developed based on this basic model and the validity was confirmed by a group of academic experts and factor analysis technique. Its internal consistency was also calculated using Cronbach's alpha method. To answer the research items, statistical tests such as Pearson correlation and structural equation modeling were used. The results of the path analysis showed that the marketing mix and the brand image had the impact factors of 0.58 and 0.51 on the pleasure of the fans and the impact factors of 0.62 and 0.48 on the communication commitment of the fans. The model also had a good fit and showed that the adjusted relationships of the variables were reasonable. (AGFI=0.91, GFI=0.93, CFI=0.94, NNFI=0.92, NFI=0.95). Regarding the results of this model, managers and marketers of sport teams and clubs are suggested to provide their services in a way that is distinct from other brands and to create such feeling in the fans that the received services exceeded their expectations.
- Constantinides, E.. Influencing the online consumer’s behavior. Internet Research. 2004, 14(2),111-126.
- Al-Hawari, M. A. Automated service quality as a predictor of customers' commitment: A practical study within the UAE retail banking context. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. 2011, 23 (3), 346 - 366.
- Keller, K. L. Building a strong BusinesstoBusiness Brand, Advances in Business Marketing and Purchasing, JAI Press is an imprint of Emerald Group Publishing Limited, First edition. 2009, 15, 11-31.
- Cretu, A. E. Brodie, R. J. Brand image, corporate reputation, and customer value”, Advances in Business Marketing and Purchasing. JAI Press is an imprint of Emerald Group Publishing Limited, First edition. 2009, 15, 263-387.
- Kayaman, R. Arasli, H. Customer based brand equity: evidence from the hotel industry. Managing Service Quality. 2007,17(1) ,92-109.
- Yasin, N.M. Noor, M.N. Mohamad, O. Does image of country-of-origin matter to brand equity?. Journal of Product & Brand Management. 2007,16 (1),38-48
- Phillips, D. M. Baumgartner, H. The role of consumption emotions in the satisfaction response. Journal of Consumer Psychology. 2002, 73 (3), pp. 243-252.
- Torres, E. N. Kline, S. From satisfaction to delight: A model for the hotel industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 2006, 18 (4), 290–301.
- Bigne, J. E. Mattila, A. S. Andreu, L. The impact of experiential consumption cognitions and emotions on behavioral intentions. Journal of Services Marketing. 2008, 22 (4), 303-315.
- Kim, K.H. Kim, K.S. Kim, J.H., Kang, S.H. Brand equity in hospital marketing. Journal of Business Research. 2008, 61, 75–82.
- Morgan, R.M., Hunt, S.D. The commitment Trust theory of relationship marketing. Journal of Marketing. 1994,58, 20-38.
- Keshkar, S. Ghasemi, H. ToJari, F. Sports Marketing Management. Third edition. Tehran. Elm & Harakat. 2016. (in persian)
- Bang, N. Xiaoyu, Y. Melewarc. Jane, H.B. Brand ambidexterity and commitment in higher education: An exploratory study. Journal of Business Research. 2016, 69(4), 1261-1528.
- Nedra, B.-A, Mathilda, V. N. Haykel, B. K. Jinene, C. The effects of brand attachment on behavioral loyalty in the luxury restaurant sector. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 2016, 28(3), 53
- Ren-Fang, C. Tai-Chi, W. I-Shou. Wei-Ti, Y. The Influence of Service Quality, Brand Image,and Customer Satisfaction on Customer Loyalty for Private Karaoke Roomsin Taiwan. The Journal of Global Business Management. 2015, (1), 59-66.5,
- Brian, T. Parker. The Influence of Brand Equity on Consumer Response toward Environmental Product Advertisements. 2015, 3(1), 117-126.
- Methaq, A. S. The Impact of Brand Image and Corporate Branding on Consumer’s Choice: The Role of Brand Equity. International Journal of Marketing Studies. 2016, 8(1), 98-106.
- Abhishek, D. Lester, W. Johnson, R. E. M. Celebrity endorsement, self-brand connection and consumer-based brand equity. Journal of Product & Brand Management. 2015, 24(5), 449 – 461,
- Donald, B. Joel E, C. Vince, H.K. Douglas, H. Multiple paths to customer delight: the impact of effort, expertise and tangibles on joy and surprise. Journal of Services Marketing. 2016, 30(3)
- Dennis, C. Ahrholdt, Siegfried, P. Gudergan, Christian, M. Ringle. What Drives Customer Loyalty? Nonlinear Effects of Customer Delight and Satisfaction on Loyalty and the Moderating Role of Service Experience. Looking Forward, Looking Back: Drawing on the Past to Shape the Future of Marketing Part of the series Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. 2016,742-750.
- Helia, G. P. Maria, d. F. Salgueiro, P. R. Online purchase determinants of loyalty: The mediating effect of satisfaction in tourism. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 2016, 30, 279–291.
- Jaberi, A. Asadi, H. Soeini, F.khazai, j. The Effects of Team Brand Identity Dimensions on Team Loyalty among Fans of Football Pro League in Iran. Biannual Journal of Sport Development and Management. 2016, 5(8). PP: 1-18. (in persian)
- Arnold, J. Keni, K. Bang, N. What’s in a university logo? Building commitment in higher education. Journal of Brand Management. 2016, 23, 137–152.