Document Type : Research Paper
Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
PhD Student in Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
The aim of this study was toinvestigate the effect of absorptive capacity and creativity on experts’ innovative behavior in Ministry of Sport and Youth of Iran. The research method was descriptive-survey and applied in terms of aims. The statistical population included all experts of Ministry of Sport and Youth (N=400) and 196 subjects were selected as the statistical sample by proportional stratified random sampling method. For data collection, three standard questionnaires of innovative behavior (Scott and Bruce, 1994), absorptive capacity (Zahra and George, 2002) and (Jansen, Van Den Bosch, and Volberda, 2005), and creativity (Randsip, 1998) were used. For data analysis, structural equation modeling (SEM) and path analysis by the LISREL8.70 software were used. The results showed a significant and positive relationship between absorptive capacity and creativity and innovative behavior. Therefore, it can be concluded that managers of sport organizations should assess and develop sharing of knowledge, creativity and providing opportunities to access external knowledge, internal communications among employees and the ability of employees to discover and exploit knowledge which triggers innovative behaviors and improves the performance of sport organizations.
- Chang, H. T; Chou, Y. J; Liou, J. W; & Tu, Y. T. (2016). "The effects of perfectionism on innovative behavior and job burnout": Team workplace friendship as a moderator. Personality and Individual Differences; 96, pp, 260-265.
- Chang, Y. Y. (2006). "Cross-level Analysis of Team Goal Orientation on Team Innovation and Individual Innovative Behavior": Using Task Reflection as the Moderating Variable, Master’s thesis (unpublished), College of Business, Soochow University,Taipei City. pp, 827-851.
- Janssen, O. (2000). "Job demands, perceptions of effortreward fairness, and innovative work behavior, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology"; 73 (3), pp, 287-302.
- Kanter, R. (1988). "When a thousand flowers bloom Structural, collective, and social conditions for innovation in organizations", Research in organizational behavior; 10, pp, 169-211.
- Messmann, G. & Mulder, R.H. (2011). "Innovative work behaviour in vocational colleges: Understanding how and why innovations are developed". Vocations and Learning; Volume 4, pp, 63-84.
- Duverger, P. (2011). "Using dissatisfied customers as a source for innovative service ideas". Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research; 1096348011413591. Volume: 36 issue: 4, pp, 537-563.
- Ren, F. & Zhang, J. (2015). "Job Stressors, Organizational Innovation Climate, and Employees’ Innovative Behavior". Creativity Research Journal; Volume 27, pp, 16-23.
- Tastan, S.B. (2013). "The influences of participative organizational climate and self-leadership on innovative behavior and the roles of job involvement and proactive personality: A survey in the Context of SMEs in Izmir". Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences.Volume 75, pp, 407-419.
- De Jong, J. P. & Den Hartog, D. N. (2007). "How leaders influence employees› innovative behavior". European Journal of innovation management; Volume 10, pp, 41-64.
- Mura, M., Lettieri, E., Radaelli, G. & Spiller, N. (2013). "Promoting professionals› innovative behavior through knowledge sharing: the moderating role of social capital". Journal of Knowledge Management; Volume17, pp, 527-544.
- Saadat, E. & Sadaghi, M. (2006). "Designing a Model for the planning of creativity in research institutions of the country", journals of Scientific-Research Daneshvar Raftar; Issue 14.(In Persian).
- Khozaei, L. & Keyzuri, A.H. (2015). "Challenges and barriers to creativity and innovation in higher education", the first National Conference on Science Education and Psychology, Marvdasht. (In Persian).
- Ebrahimi Moghadam, H., Zeinolabedin, F. (2015). "Check dimensions of creativity (fluency, flexibility, originality, elaboration on the details of academic achievement)", First National Conference on Psychology. (In Persian).
- Lundvall, B-A. (1992). “National Systems of Innovation: Towards a Theory of Innovation and Interactive Learning”. Pinter: London. ISBN 1-85567-063-1.
- Van-den-Bosch, F.A.J., Volberda, H.W. & de-Boer, M. (1999). “Coevolution of Firm Absorptive Capacity and Knowledge Environment: Organizational Forms and Combinative Capabilities” Organization Science; Vol. 11, No. 1. pp, 551-568.
- Ghezavate, Arash & Saghafi, Fatemeh. (2015). "Technology Capture Capacity and its Relationship with Commercialization of Innovation: A Survey on Effective Factors", Second International Conference on Technology Commercialization, Tehran, Science and Technology Park of Tehran University. (In Persian).
- Zahra, S. A., & George, G. (2002). "Absorptive capacity: A review, reconceptualization, and extension". Academy of management review; 27(2), pp, 185-203.
- Scott, Susanne G., and Bruce, Reginald A. (1994). "Determinants of Innovative Behavior: A Path Model of Individual Innovation in the Workplace", The Academy of Management Journal. 1994 Jun; Vol. 37, No. 3: pp. 580-607. Published by: Academy of Management; Stable URL:http://www.jstor.org/stable/256701.
- Lin, C., Tan, B., & Chang, S. (2002). "The critical factors for technology absorptive capacity". Industrial Management & Data Systems; 102(6), pp, 300-308.
- Bakar, A. H. A., & Tufail, M. A. (2012). "Transforming Capability of Indigenous Contractors Through Technology Transfer": A Malaysia Experience.World Applied Sciences Journal; 16(10), pp, 1450-1461.
- Moos, B., Beimborn, D., Wagner, H.-T., & Weitzel, T. (2011). "Knowledge Management Systems, Absorptive Capacity, and Innovation Success". pp,1-13.
- Schilling, M. A. (2005). "Strategic management of technological innovation": McGraw-Hill/Irwin New York. pp, 325-335.
- Mahdizadeh, M., Heidari, Gh., Mirzaei, Y. (2011). "Identification of factors affecting technology transfer ", Quarterly Journal of Parks and Growth Centers; No. 25. (In Persian).
- Adler, J.H. (1965). "Absorptive Capacity: The Concept and its Determinants, Brookings Institution, Washington". pages,178.
- Cohen, W. M., & Levinthal, D. A. (1990). "Absorptive capacity: a new perspective on learning and innovation". Administrative science quarterly; pp, 128-152.
- Minhyung, K & Mi-Jung, L. (2016). "Absorptive capacity, knowledge sharing, and innovative behaviour of R&D employees", Technology Analysis & Strategic Management; DOI: 10.1080/09537325.2016.1211265. pp,1-15.
- Vinding, A. L. (2000). "Absorptive Capacity & Innovative Performance: A Human Capital Approach"; DRUID/1KE Group, Denmark. pp, 507-517.
- Moradi, M., Valipour, M. A., Yakidah, K., Safar Dost, A., Abdollahian, F. (2014). "Investigating the Role of Knowledge Capacity on Innovative Organizational Performance" The Perspective of Business Management; 13: pp, 79-102.(In Persian).
- Minbaeva, D. B., Makela, K., and Rabbiosi, L. (2010). "Explaining Intra- Organizational Knowledge Transfer at the Individual Level". Knowledge Creation Diffusion Utilization SMG Working; (1): pp,1-36.
- Kostopoulos, K; Papalexandris, A; Papachroni, M; Ioannou, G. (2010). ”Absorptive capacity, innovation, and financial performance”. Journal of Business Research. 64, pp, 1335–1343.
- Sarougi, H., Liberes, D., Boramember, A. (2015). "Investigating the relationship between creativity and innovation: meta-analysis of organizational, cultural and environmental factors". Business Partnership Magazine; JBV-05742; No. pages 18.
- March, James G., and Herbert, Alexander S. (1958). "Organizations". Oxford: Wiley.pp,1-10.
- Fosfuri, A., and Tribo, Josep A. (2008). “Exploring the Antecedents of Potential Absorptive Capacity and its Impact on Innovation Performance.” Omega; 36 (2): pp, 173–187.
- Purtahmasebi, S., Tajvar, A., & Seyed kalan, S. M. (2011). "The relationship between individual and organizational creativity Secondary School Principals city of Ardabil, Ingenuity and creative in the Humanities". Year (1); vol. 1, pp, 21-40. (In Persian).
- Seyed Kalan, S. M., Zahid Babolan, A. (2016). "Investigating the Effect of Innovative Perceptual Organizational Climate on Creative Self-efficacy and Innovative Teachers' Behavior Using Structural Equation Modeling". Management on Organizational Training, Ardabil University, Year 4, No 1, spring and Summer 94, pp, 125-103. (In Persian).