Document Type : Research Paper
M.S. student in sports management, Department of sport management, Shiraz branch, Islamic Azad University, Shiraz, Iran
Islamic Azad University, Shiraz Branch
Sports participation in addition to have undeniable consequences on human health as well as has many positive social consequences. In addition to sports participation can be influenced by social variables. This research has been studied the effect of social capital and its component (including social security, social trust, social belonging, social interaction, social participation, social support and adherence to social norms) on the sports participation of teenage boys and girls at Jam township in 2016. According to the stratified multi-stage and cluster sampling 350 boy and girl students that studying at the first and second high school were selected and has been studied. The results show that sports participation rates for teenage boys are significantly higher than teenage girls. Results from structural models indicate that social capital has a significant and positive effect on the boy and girl sports participation in general. The result of multiple regression for components of social capital indicates that among the components of social capital, social participation has greatest impact on sports participation rate of boy teenage. Social participation and social support variables have the greatest impact on sports participation of teenage girls respectively.
- Parsamehr M. Sports Sociology (In Persian), Yazd: Yazd University Press, 2009; PP. 12.
- Mohan G, Mohan J. Placing social capital. Progress in Human Geography. 2002; 26: 191–210.
- Coleman J. Foundations of Social Theory. Bleknap Press: Cambridge, 1994; pp 287.
- Onyx J, Bullen P. Measuring social capital in five communities. Journal of Applied Behavioural Science. 2000; 36: 23–42.
- Field J. Social Capital. Routledge: London, 2003; PP 76.
- Cox E. A Truly Civil Society. ABC Books: Sydney, 1995; PP 57.
- Nateghpour MJ, Firoozabadi SA. [Social capital and factors affecting its formation in Tehran (In Persian)], Iranian Journal of Sociology, 2005; 24: 59-51.
- Chalabi M, Mobarak M. [Analysis of the Relationship between Social Capital and crime at micro and macro levels (In Persian)], Journal of Sociology, 2005; 22: 44-3.
- Granfel M. Key Concepts of Bourdieu (In Persian), Translated by Labibi MM, Tehran: Afcar Publication, 2010; p. 333.
- Putnam R. Making democracy work: civic traditions in modern Italy (In Persian). Translated by Delfrooz MT, Tehran: Sociologists Publication; 2013; PP. 298.
- Fukuyama Francis. End of Order: Social Capital and Its Preservation (In Persian). Translation by Tavassoli Gh, Tehran: Society of Iranians, 2000; p. 11-12.
- Booth M.L, N Owen, A Bauman, O Clavisi and E Leslie (2000). “Social cognitive and perceived environment influences associated with physical in older Australians”. pre med, Vol 31 . No. 1. PP: 15-22.
- . Parsamehr M, Bellagourian M, Saeedi Madani M. [The Relationship between the Components of Social Capital and Sports Participation among Adolescents (In Persian)], Sport Management, 2013; 17: 128-109.
- . Harrison R.A, I Gemmell, P.F Heller. The population effect of crime and neighborhood on physical activity: an analysis of 15461 adults. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007; 61: PP: 34-39.
- . Sharipoor M, Hosseini Rad A. [Investigating the Relationship between Social Capital and Sports Participation (In Persian)], Journal of Harakat, 2008; 37: 153-131.
- Arizi FA, Frieden V, Pashamehr M. [The Effect of Social Protection on Women's Participation in Sports Activities (In Persian)], Research in Sport Management and Motor Behavior, 2006; 7: 62-53.
- Manouchehri N, Hematinejad MA, Rahmati MM. [The Relationship of Family Social Capital and Sports Participation among Adolescent Students (In Persian)], Sport Management, 2015; 7 (26: 370-456.
- Putnam R. Bowling alone: America’s declining social capital. Journal of Democracy. 1995; 6: 65–78.
- Putnam R. Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community. Simon and Schuster. New York. 2000; PP 107.
- Jarvie G. Communitarianism, sport and social capital. International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2003; 38: 139–153.
- Harris, J. Civil society, physical activity and the involvement of sports sociologists in the preparation of physical activity professionals. Sociology of Sport Journal. 1998; 15: 138–153.
- sadipour E. Research Methods in Psychology and Educational Sciences (In Persian), Tehran: Duran Publishing; 2005. PP. 210.
- Dimato MR. Health Psychology (In Persian), Translated by Kaviani M and et al., Tehran: Samt Publication, 2009; PP. 113.
- Ghassemi Vahid, Rabbani R, Rabbani Khorsgani A, Alizadeh Aghdam MB. [Structural and capital determinants of life style health (In Persian)], Social Issues of Iran, 2008; 16(63): pp.213-181.