Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Allameh Tabataba'i University
The purpose of this study was designing the related structural equation model of organizational intelligence and organizational performance with mediating function of the deployment process of Six Sigma in sport organizational experts of Tehran Municipality. The study population was all the sport organizational experts of Tehran Municipality (N = 200), that according to Morgan Sampling Table, 127 individuals were selected as the sample of this study. Data collection tools were Albercht organizational intelligence questionnaire (2003), Choudhury organizational performance questionnaire (2001) and Bikzad questionnaire (1389) that the validity of these tools were confirmed in the previous studies and the reliability of these tools were obtained 0.88, 0.78 and 0.90 respectively that shows good reliability and acceptable measurement tools. Data were analyzed using AMOS software to model structural equation. The results of the study were confirmed based on the structural rela organizational intelligence had significant effect both directly (0.35) and indirectly (0.81) on organizational performance tve and meaningful effect on organizational performance (0.55). So, the results of the structural models present that by increasing the organizational intelligence of the experts and improving the Six Sigma process, organizational performance will develop in sport organization of Tehran Municipality.function of the deployment process of Six Sigma in sport organizational experts of Tehran function of the deployment process of Six Sigma in sport organizational experts of Tehran Municipality. The studyMunicipality. The study
- Sokro, E. (2012). Analysis of the relationship that exists between organizational culture, motivation and performance. Problems of Management in the 21st Century, 3, 106-119. (1)
- Chiang, Y. H., Shih, H. A., & Hsu, C. C. (2014). High commitment work system, transactive memory system, and new product performance. Journal of Business Research, 67(4), 631-640. (2)
- Abtahi, S H. Kazemi, B. (2014). Efficiency (Principles, Foundations and Measurement Methods), Second edition, Tehran: Fujian publication. [Persian]. (3)
- Akroush, M. N., & Al-Mohammad, S. M. (2010). The effect of marketing knowledge management on organizational performance: An empirical investigation of the telecommunications organizations in Jordan. International journal of emerging markets, 5(1), 38-77. (4)
- Nourooz Ghareh Teken, F. Mohammadi, A M. Hassannejad, M. Soltani, S (2011) The Effect of Office Automation Systems on Organizational Productivity Indices (Case Study: Central Organization of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad), Journal of Research and Technology Development, (2)4, 139-154, [Persian]. (5)
- Ayeni, F. O. (2003). An empirical study of the impact of Six Sigma methodology on organization financial performance in the United States. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=8850583. (6)
- Fartookzadeh, H R. Mokhtarian Pour, M (2008) Enriching the Six Sigma Solving Problem Solving Methodology through Key Values of Valuable Engineers (Case Study: Iran Khodro Co.), Management perspective, (29), 221-252, [Persian]. (7)
- Albrecht, K. (2003). The power of minds at work: Organizational intelligence in action. AMACOM Div American Mgmt Assn.1-96. (8)
- Albrecht, K (2013). The power of mind at work: organizational intelligence in action, New York: Amancom. (10)
- Ercetin, S. (2004). The abilities related to organizational intelligence and their action dimensions at school. Educational research Quarterly, 10(2), 3-18. (11)
- Beheshtifar, M., & Abrahimi, H. (2014). A Study of Relationship between Employees' maturity and Business Intelligence. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 4(1), 280. (12)
- Elahian, A. Zavari, M E. (2009). organizational intelligence: Business Intelligence origin, Magazine Tadbir, (208), 49-52, [Persian]. (13)
- Abzari, M. Etebarian, A. Stari Ghahfarokhi, M. (2006). Organizational intelligence and preventing organizational subjective sentiment, Organizational Knowledge Management Monthly, (22), p 25 [Persian]. (14)
- Law, K.S., Wong, S.C. & Song, L.J. (2004). The construct and criterion validity of emotional intelligence and its potential utility for management studies. Journal of Applied Psychology, 89: 483-496. (15)
- Marjani, A. B., & Soheilipour, M. (2012). The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and Staff Performance Based on the Model of Karl Albrecht. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(4). (16)
- Bose, R. (2009). Advanced analytics: opportunities and challenges. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 109(2), 155-172. (17)
- Salehi Sadaghiani, J. (2007) Improvement of time efficiency in services process by Using Design of Experiments technique in Six-sigma methodology, Studies Industrial Management, (6)15, 167-184, [Persian]. (18)
- Laureani, A., Brady, M., & Antony, J. (2013). Applications of Lean Six sigma in an Irish hospital. Leadership in Health Services, 26(4), 322-337. (19)
- Ho, L., & Chuang, C. (2006). A study of implementing Six Sigma quality management system in government agencies for raising service quality. Journal of American Academy of Business, 10(1), 167-173. (20)
- Harry, M., Mann, P. S., De Hodgins, O. C., Hulbert, R. L., & Lacke, C. J. (2010). The practitioner's guide to statistics and lean Six Sigma for process improvements. John Wiley & Sons. ()
- Pand, P, Hull, L (2005) What is Six Sigma? Translate; Nooralsna’, r. Salehipour, a. Saghaei, a. Tehran, Iran University of Science and Technology publication, [Persian].
- Braunscheidel, M. J., Hamister, J. W., Suresh, N. C., & Star, H. (2011). An institutional theory perspective on Six Sigma adoption. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 31(4), 423-451.
- Zu, X., Fredendall, L. D., & Douglas, T. J. (2008). The evolving theory of quality management: the role of Six Sigma. Journal of operations Management, 26(5), 630-650.
- Schroeder, R. G., Linderman, K., Liedtke, C., &Choo, A. S. (2008). Six Sigma: Definition and underlying theory. Journal of operations Management, 26(4), 536-554.
- Linderman, K., Schroeder, R. G., Zaheer, S., & Choo, A. S. (2003). Six Sigma: a goal-theoretic perspective. Journal of Operations management, 21(2), 193-203.
- Zakardy, S H. Bagheri, S. Attarian, J (2010) Statistical analysis of the relationship between key factors of success of Six Sigma projects in selected Iranian companies, Industrial Engineering Engineering Journal, (44) 1, 49-62, [Persian].
- Bykzad, J. Najafi Sales, E (2011). The Impact of Transformational Leadership on the Six Sigma Establishment: Case Study in Maragheh Azad University, Journal of Management, (21), p41, [Persian].
- Bykzad, J. Alaei, M B. Eskandari, K (2010) The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence of Managers and Their Performance in Government Organizations of East Azarbaijan Province, Management ResearchJournal, 3(8), 143-163, [Persian].
- Gholami, Sh. Ghafourian, H. Manvipuor, D (2011) The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and Organizational Performance, Newest Industrial / Organizational Psychology Quarterly, (2)6, 89-99, [Persian].
- Bagheri, S. Zakardy, S H. (2008) Investigate the relationship between key success factors of Six Sigma projects and organizational performance, Tehran, Iranian Society of Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, [Persian].
- Shams Mourkani, Gh. Mashayekhi, M. Soleymani, S. (2014) The Role of Organizational Intelligence in Improvement of Organizational Performance: A Case Study of High School Principals in Tehran City, Educational Psychology Journal, (31)10, 165-189, [Persian].
- Khoshamooz, H. Goodarzvand Chegini, M (2013) The Relationship between Dimensions of Organizational Intelligence and Performance of Employees of Guilan Province Medical Sciences and Health Services, The 2nd National Conference on Developing Solutions for Managing, Accounting, and Industrial Engineering in Organizations, Islamic Azad University of Gachsaran Branch [Persian].
- Lefter, V., Prejmerean, M., &Vasilache, S. (2008). The dimensions of organizational intelligence in Romanian companies–a human capital perspective. Theoretical and Applied Economics, 10(10), 39.
- Zarei, A. Farsi Zadeh, H. Siah Sorani Kojouri, M A. Dehghani Soltani, M (2015) The impact of organizational intelligence on organizational performance using marketing capacities, JOURNAL OF EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT, (13) 7, 39-64, [Persian].
- Nasabi, N (2008) The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and Personnel Creativity in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Master's Thesis, Payam Noor University of Shiraz, [Persian].
- Simic, I. (2005). Organizational learning as a component of organizational intelligence. Management, Information and Marketing Aspects of the Economic Development of the Balkan Countries, 189-196.
- MacGilchrist, B., Reed, J., & Myers, K. (2004). The intelligent school. London: Paul Chapman publishing. Journal of Applied psychology, 86(2), 326-336.
- Sin, A. B., Zailani, S., & Ramayah, T. (2010). Six Sigma and organizational performance: a knowledge creation perspective. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 6(2), 182-212.
- Sin, A. B., Zailani, S., Iranmanesh, M., & Ramayah, T. (2015). Structural equation modelling on knowledge creation in Six Sigma DMAIC project and its impact on organizational performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 168, 105-117.
- Ailpour, A. Hajeb, H R (2015) A Comparative Study of Total Quality Management and Six Sigma and its Relationship with Organizational Performance, International Conference on Management and Accounting with a Value-creating Approach, Islamic Azad University of Fars Science and Research, [Persian].
- Raisinghani, M. S., Ette, H., Pierce, R., Cannon, G., & Daripaly, P. (2005). Six Sigma: concepts, tools, and applications. Industrial management & Data systems, 105(4), 491-505.
- Chen, H. C., Chen, K. S., Chang, T. L., & Hsu, C. H. (2010). An application of six sigma methodology to enhance leisure service quality. Quality & quantity, 44(6), 1151-1164.
- Parast, Mahour M, (2010) The impact of Six Sigma projects on innovation and company performance, Translate; Saeedi, h. Mir Hosseini, s s, Commercial Reviews Journal, (60), 1-13, [Persian].
- Kazemnejad, A. Heidary, M R. Noroozzadeh, R (2011) Statistical methods in health care and SPSS application in data analysis, Tehran, Community publications, [Persian].
- Williams, B., Onsman, A., & Brown, T. (2010). Exploratory factor analysis: A five-step guide for novices. Australasian Journal of Paramedicine, 8(3).
- Ali Poor Shir Savar, H. Marzban Moghaddam, E (2013) The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and Entrepreneurship in Guilan Province Manufacturing Companies, roshd –e- fanavari Journal, (9)36, 47-51, [Persian]. (9)
- Ali Nejad, A. Mohammad Puor, P. Esfandiari, N (2009) Evaluate and improve production processes using the Six Sigma methodology, Journal of Development Management Development, (1)2, 75-84, [Persian].
Lee, K.L. (2002). Critical success factors of Six Sigma implementation and the impact on operations performance. PhD Dissertation. Cleveland State University.