Document Type : Research Paper
tarbiat modares university
The purpose of this research was to design of Relationship Marketing Model in the Iranian premier Football league. The research method was descriptive and survey that the necessary data were gathered through interviews with relevant experts in the field with the fans, observation, review the relevant theoretical literature and researcher-made questionnaire. The statistical population was consisted the upper of sixteen years of football fans in the Iranian premier football league. The number of 527 questionnaire were selected from gathered 674 questionnaires based on research fans definition that attendance average of them was above of 8 games in a season for their teams favorite. Structural equation models (SEM) and were used to analyze the data. Results indicate that fan relationship management effects positively and significantly on relationship quality in the Iranian premier football league clubs. Also, data fitting indices and significant regression coefficients showed that the impact of fan relationship management on the fan lifetime value depends on the relationship quality with fans in the Iranian premier football league clubs. Improving relationship quality eventually lead to increase fan lifetime value that has behavioral issues such as consumption quantity, word of mouth, media usage and re-attend by fans.
- Nguyen TH, Sherif JS, Newby M. Strategies for successful CRM implementation. Information Management & Computer Security. 2007;15(2):102-15.
- Ganesan S. Determinants of long-term orientation in buyer-seller relationships. Journal of marketing. 1994;58(2):1-19.
- Blattberg RC, Deighton J. Manage marketing by the customer equity test. Harvard business review. 1996;74(4):136-&.
- Tzokas N, Saren M. Competitive advantage, knowledge and relationship marketing: where, what and how? Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 2004;19(2):124-35.
- Grönroos C. Service management and marketing: A customer relationship management approach. Wiley; 2 edition. 2000.
- Howard DR. The changing fans cape for big-league sports: Implications for sport managers. Journal of sport Management. 1999;13(1):78-91.
- Peppard J. Customer relationship management (CRM) in financial services. European Management Journal. 2000;18(3):312-27.
- Rygielski C, Wang J-C, Yen DC. Data mining techniques for customer relationship management. Technology in society. 2002;24(4):483-502.
- Zineldin M. Quality and customer relationship management (CRM) as competitive strategy in the Swedish banking industry. The TQM magazine. 2005;17(4):329-44.
- Zineldin M. The royalty of loyalty: CRM, quality and retention. Journal of consumer marketing. 2006;23(7):430-7.
- Gladden JM, Funk DC. Understanding brand loyalty in professional sport: Examining the link between brand associations and brand loyalty. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 2001;3(1):54-81.
- Palmatier RW, Jarvis CB, Bechkoff JR, Kardes FR. The role of customer gratitude in relationship marketing. Journal of marketing. 2009;73(5):1-18.
- Crosby LA, Evans KR, Cowles D. Relationship quality in services selling: an interpersonal influence perspective. Journal of marketing. 1990;54(3):68-81.
- Kim YK, Trail G. A conceptual framework for understanding relationships between sport consumers and sport organizations: A relationship quality approach. Journal of sport Management. 2011;25(1):57-69.
- Campbell AJ. Creating customer knowledge competence: managing customer relationship management programs strategically. Industrial marketing management. 2003;32(5):375-83.
- Kim YK. Relationship framework in sport management: How relationship quality affects sport consumption behaviors: University of Florida; 2008.
- Adamson G, Jones W, Tapp A. From CRM to FRM: Applying CRM in the football industry. Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management. 2006;13(2):156-72.
- Sigala M. Integrating customer relationship management in hotel operations: managerial and operational implications. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 2005;24(3):391-413.
- Morgan RM, Hunt S. Relationship-based competitive advantage: the role of relationship marketing in marketing strategy. Journal of Business Research. 1999;46(3):281-90.
- Liu Y, Chen R, Chen H, Wan C. Customer relationship management in the travel web site. Journal of Sport and Recreation Research. 2007;2(2):1-25.
- Bauer HH, Stokburger-Sauer NE, Exler S. Brand image and fan loyalty in professional team sport: A refined model and empirical assessment. Journal of sport Management. 2008;22(2):205-26.
- Jackson D. Determining a customer’s lifetime value. Direct Marketing. 1989;51(11):60-2.
- Aurier P, N’Goala G. The differing and mediating roles of trust and relationship commitment in service relationship maintenance and development. Journal of the Academy of marketing science. 2010;38(3):303-25.
- Reichheld FF, Teal T. The loyalty effect, Harvard business school press. Boston, MA. 1996.
- Wulf KD, Odekerken-Schroder G. Assessing the impact of a retailer's relationship efforts on consumer’s attitudes and behavior. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 2003;10(2):95-108.
- Buhler A, Nufer G. Relationship marketing in sports: Routledge; 2012.
- Palmatier RW, Dant RP, Grewal D, Evans KR. Factors influencing the effectiveness of relationship marketing: a meta-analysis. Journal of marketing. 2006;70(4):136-53.
- McDonald MA. Service quality and customer lifetime value in professional sport franchises. 1996.
- Chen T, Chen C. The inferential factors of customer satisfaction, trust and commitment: A case of bank’s customers. Commerce & Management Quarterly. 2004;5(3):349-75.
- Liu Y-C. An analysis service quality, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty of commercial swim clubs in Taiwan. 2008.
- Garbarino E, Johnson MS. The different roles of satisfaction, trust, and commitment in customer relationships. Journal of marketing. 1999;63(2):70-87.
- Kim WG, Cha Y. Antecedents and consequences of relationship quality in hotel industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 2002;21(4):321-38.
- Leu H, Hsieh I. Relationships among customer satisfaction, brand equity and customer lifetime value. Chung Yuan Journal. 2000;28(2):31-41.
- Payne A, Christopher M, Peck H, Clark M. Relationship marketing for competitive advantage: winning and keeping customers: Butterworth-Heinemann; 1998.
- Narayandas D, Rangan VK. Building and sustaining buyer–seller relationships in mature industrial markets. Journal of marketing. 2004;68(3):63-77.
- Kim YK, Trail GT, Woo B, Zhang J. Sport’s consumer-team relationship quality: development and psychometric evaluation of a scale. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 2011;12(3):57-74.