Document Type : Research Paper
The aim of the current study was to design a model of the effect of emotional attachment on emotional loyalty and word-of-mouth advertising in customers of bodybuilding clubs of Tehran city. The study was application in terms of aims and descriptive-correlation in terms of data collection. The population consisted of customers with a minimum of six months of membership in the bodybuilding clubs in Tehran city. 5 regions were selected from all districts of Tehran city by cluster sampling method. 10 clubs and 10 subjects were selected from each selected region and each club by simple random sampling method. With literature review, the primary model was designed and a questionnaire was made based on the model. Its face validity was confirmed by some academic experts using exploratory factor analysis and confirmatory factor analysis. It was distributed among the population after its reliability was determined. For data analysis, Pearson correlation coefficient and SEM were used. The results showed that emotional attachment had an impact factor (PC=0.53) on emotional loyalty and (PC=0.48) on word-of-mouth advertising. Also, emotional loyalty had an impact factor on word-of-mouth advertising (PC=0.42). Goodness indexes (AGFI=0.90, GFI=0.91, CFI=0.94, NNFI=0.91, NFI=0.93) showed that all indexes were more than 0.9 and they were accepted. According to the results of this model, it is suggested that emotional factors that increase customer emotional loyalty and emotional attachment should be identified and there should be planning to implement them so that customers’ word-of-mouth and positive advertising can increase.
- Gobe, M. “Making the emotional connection” Brand week. 2001, 42 (5). Pp: 23-27.
- Albert, N. & Valette-Florence, P. “Measuring the love feeling for a brand using interpersonal love items”. Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness. 2010, 5 (1). Pp: 57-63.
- Park, J. Stoel, L. “Effect of brand familiarity experience and information on online apparelpurchase”. International Journam of Retail and Distribution Management. 2005, 33 (2). Pp: 148-160.
- Binge, J.E., Andreu, L. Gnoth, J. “The theme park experience: an analysis pleasure, arousal and satisfaction”. Journal of Tourism Management, 2004, 26(6). Pp: 833-844.
- Kim, Y. H. “Toward customer love: investigating the antecedent and outcomes of satisfied customer’s emotional attachments to retailers”. A dissertation presented for the doctor of philosophy. 2007, P: 48.
- Pedragosa, V. Correia, A “Expectations, satisfaction and loyaltyin health and fitness clubs”. international journal of sport management and marketing. 2009, 5(4). PP: 450-464.
- Thomas, W. G. Talai, O. Andrew, J. C. “eWOM: The impact of customer-to-customer online know-how exchange on customer value and loyalty”. Journal of Business Research. 2006, 59. pp: 449–456.
- Beerli, A. Martin, J.D. “A model of customer loyalty in the retail banking market”. European Journal of Marketing. 2004, 38 (1-2). Pp: 253-275.
- Osayawe, E. “Correlates of customer loyalty to their bank: a case study in nigeria, Journal of Bank Marketing”. 2006, 24. Pp: 494 – 508.
- Chen, P.T. Hu, H.H. “The effect of relational benefits on perceived value in relation to customer loyalty: An empirical study in the Australian coffee outlets industry”. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 29(3). 2010, Pp: 405-412.
- Larson, S. Susanna, H. “Managing customer loyalty in the automobile industry”. Department of Business Administration and Social Sciences, Lulea University of Technology. 2004, P:72.
- Barroso, C.y. Martín, A.E. “Level of service and customer retention: the case of banyan Spain”. Spanish Journal of Marketing Research ESIC. 1999, Pp” 9-36.
- Orth, U. R. Green, M. T.” Consumer loyalty to family versus nonfamilybusiness: The role of store image,trust and satisfaction “. Journal of Retailling and Consumer Service. 2009,16(4). Pp: 1-12.
- Pederson, P. E. Nysveen, H. “Shop bot banking: an exploratory study of customer loyalty effects”. International Journal of bank arketing. 2001, Pp: 146-155.
- Anisimove, T.A. “The effects of corporate brand attributes and behavioral consumer loyalty”. Journals of Consumer Marketing. 2007, 24(7). Pp:45-61.
- Jalilvand, M. Samiei, N. “The Effect of electronic word of mouth on brand image and purchase intention: An empirical study in the automobile industry in Iran”. Journal of Marketing Intelligence & Planning. 2012, Pp: 30(4). 5–5.
- Ghafari, Ashtiani, P. Iranmanesh, A. “New approach to study of factors affecting adoption of electronic banking services with emphasis on the role of positive word of mouth”. African Journal of Business Management. 6(11). 2012, Pp: 4328-433.
- East, R. Hammond, K. Lomax, W “Measuring the impact of positive and negative word of mouth on brand purchase probability”. jornal of Research in Marketing. 2008, 25. Pp: 215–224.
- Arasli, H. Mehtap-Samdi, S. Katircioglu, S.T. “Coustomer service quality in the Greek Cyproit banking industry”. Managing Service Quality. 2005, 15(1). Pp: 41- 56.
- Daniela, D. Kenny, B. Carlos, C. & Henrique, W. B. “The impact of affective and cognitive antecedents on negative word-of-mouth intentions”. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research. 2016, P: 39
- Balajia, M.S. Kok, W.K. Alain, Y. L.C. “Determinants of negative word-of-mouth communication using social networking sites”. Information & Management. 2016, Pp:75-89.
- Shalom, L. Hayiel, H. “Emotional brand attachment: a factor in customer-bank relationships”. International Journal of Bank Marketing. 2016, 34 (2). Pp: 136 –150.
- David, Moyes. Michele, C,K. Joan, S. (2016) “Testing the three Rs model of service quality". The TQM Journal. 2015, 28(3). Pp”123-145.
- Tam Duc, D. Khuong, N.M. “Guerrilla marketing’s effects on Gen Y’s word-of-mouth intention – a mediation of credibility”. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. 28(1) pp: 4–22
- keshkar, S., salman, Z., jabbari, J. “The Relationship between Satisfaction and Loyalty with Domestic and Foreign Sport Garments in Female Bodybuilders”. Journal of Sport Management, 2013; 5(3): 117-136 [In Persian].
- mahmoudi, A., Sajadi, S., goudarzi, M. “Exploring the Effect of Service Quality and Satisfaction on Customer Loyalty in Sport Clubs (Bodybuilding and Aerobic)”. Journal of Sport Management, 2015; 7(1): 31-51 [In Persian].