Document Type : Research Paper
MA Physical Education, Faculty of Physical Education, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
Professor of Physical Education Department of humanities, Faculty of Physical Education, University of Tehran., Tehran, Iran.
MA Physical Education Department of humanities, Faculty of Physical Education, Azad University of Karaj., Karaj, Iran.
The aim of this study was to investigate the attitude of employees in sport organization of Tehran municipality toward glass ceiling and weakness society acceptance in women which was conducted by descriptive-survey method. The statistical population consisted of all employees working in sport organization of Tehran municipality (93 women and 120 men). As the population was limited and in order to obtain better results, the sample was equal to the population and 93 questionnaires were collected from women and 109 questionnaires were collected from men. The inner stability of the questionnaire was calculated as 0.92 using Cronbach's alpha. The data were analyzed by K-S test and independent t test. Research findings indicated no significant difference between men and women attitudes in glass ceiling (p < /em>>0.05) and both groups believed that glass ceiling existed sport organization of municipality. Also, there was a significant difference between men and women attitudes in weakness society acceptance (p < /em><0.001) and men believed in weakness society acceptance (in women) more than women. So it is recommended that the positive supportive actions should be taken for women and also strategies should be presented to make basic changes in principles and attitudes.
- Abdollahi B, Nave Ebrahim A. [ Empowering employees with the golden key of HRM (In Persian)]. Tehran: Virayesh;2006. P:1-168.
- Faraji B. [ Investigating the effect of glass ceiling on women's empowerment in Iran Power Development Organization (In Persian)]. Tehran : Tehran University ; 2008. P: 1-134.
- Women’s sports foundation UK fact and figures about women and girls in sport.. Women in the Olympic movement. http://www.wsf.org.uk/ documents/Olympics.pdf. (2006).
- Pfister, G, Habermann, U., Ottesen, L. “Women at the top “. Second sub-report: women in sport management – a comparative analysis of international trends. www.Ifi.ku.dk. (2005).
- Shojaei N , Asayesh H. [The Necessity Of Women In The Community (In Persian)]. Iranian Lady Conferences, U.P.M. Malaysia University; 2008.
- Shetab Bushehri N. [Promoting women to managerial levels in the country's physical education organization: environmental and individual barriers and providing a suitable model [PH.D](In Persian)]. Tehran : Tarbiyat Modarres University ; 2008. P:71-89.
- Esfidani MR. [Examining Barriers to Women's Presence at Executive Board Posts (In Persian) ]. Tehran : Tehran University ; 2000. P : 80.
- Cardel KA, Hosseinian M , transelater. [ Glass ceiling; an examination of the factors affecting the access of women to key posts (In Persian)]. Tehran : Behnam ; 2005. P:1-192.
- Khoshnevis H. [ Glass ceiling (In Persian) ]. Journal of Tadbir. 2002 ; 122 : 108.
- Zohrei S . [The study of the influence of male language dominance (culture) on the creation of glass ceiling in Iran Power Development Organization [ MA] (In Persian) ]. )]. Tehran : Tehran University ; 2008. P.87-98.
- Amini F , Zamani P. [The gap between women and men in executive management (In Persian) ]. Journal of Tadbir. 2000 ; 109 : 48-57.
- Coleman, I. "The Global Glass Ceiling". Foreign Affairs. 2010 : 89(3):13-18.
- Cheraghi F. [ Investigating the Relationship Between Some Individual Factors Affecting Management Positions by Women in the Organization from the Viewpoint of Female Staff of the Central Organization of Tehran University [MA] (In Persian) ]. Tehran : Tehran University ; 2000. P: 72-76.
- Fatemi Sadr F . [ Barriers to women's promotion at managerial levels at Tehran's universities [MA] (In Persian) ]. Tehran : : Tarbiyat Modares University ; 2001. P:101-119.
- Pishgahi Fard Z . [ Future Studies The status of women's employment in the Middle East with an emphasis on Iran's position (In Persian) ]. Women's Quarterly on Development and Politics. 2009 ; 3 (7) : 89 .
- Pulse, Asia. "Glass Ceiling For Australian Women In Manufacturing".2011: Aug 12.
- Pia, K., Vaidya, S. "Glass ceiling: role of women in the corporate world". Competitiveness Review: An International Business Journal. 2009: 19(2):106-113.
- Fearn, Tilla."Cracking the Glass ceiling in college sport Administration". The college of Natural Resources at NC state University. 2011: Feb10.