Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sport Management PNU Alborz Province
Studying status determination of the employees’ organizational spirituality capabilities in general administration of sport and youth in Kerman province. The present study is descriptive and of applied type. The universe includes employees working in general administrative of sport and youth in Kerman province during 2015 (N=62). All employees selected as the sample considering limited universe. Data collected through infield method and by means of 17-question questionnaire of organizational spirituality. This questionnaire applied by Rigo and Kanha (2008) and validity and reliability of the questionnaire confirmed through research project in 2012 in Iran. Reliability coefficient of the questionnaire obtained as (α=0.89). The obtained data analyzed by Kolmogorov–Smirnov test, One-Sample t-test, independent t and Manova. The research results showed that there is a significant difference between observed/assumed averages and organizational spirituality capabilities (t=2.11, P0.05). Considering the employees’ spirituality in youth and sport departments is of important issues that might be resulted in efficiency. The status of organizational spirituality capabilities in the research sample is a little better than the assumed status.
- Beakazadeh, J. Yazdani, S. Hamdollahi, M (2011). "Spirituality of the work environment and its impact on the components of organizational citizenship behavior, Case study: Educational staff of the five regions of Tabriz". Journal of Research in Educational Management, Third Year, No. 1, P. 90-62.
- Bradley, J. and Kauanui, S.K. (2003) "Comparing spirituality on three southern California college campuses", Journal of Organizational ChangeManagement, Vol.16, No.4, pp.448-462.
- Burack, E. (2008) "Spirituality in the workplace". Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 12, No.4, P.280-291.
- Desai, P. (2009). Spiritual psychology: A way to effective management. African Journal of Marketing Management, 1(7), pp.165-171.
- Fereidouni, M; Alidoost Ghahfarokhi, E (2015). "The Relationship between Organizational Spirituality and Organizational Citizenship Behavior of Staff at the General Directorate of Sports and Youth of Tehran Province". Journal of Sport Management, Volume 7, Issue 6, P: 933-921.
- Gibbons, P (2001), "spirituality at work: A pre-Theoritical overview, Msc. Thesis- Birnbeck college, university of London, Aug.employee citizenship?" Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.76, pp. 845-855.
- Goudarzvand Chegini, M, Amin Roodpashti, Z (2012). "The relationship between gender and spirituality of an organization with respect to age". Journal of Women and Society, Third Year, No. 4, P. 68-43.
- Harmer, R. (2008). "organizational citizenship behavior, emotional intelligence and spirituality: what the relationship?" Retrieved from http://www.developfullcircle.com/articles/OCB/.
- Heidari, Z. Keshtidar, M; Mirkazemi; S O (2015). "Prediction of organizational effectiveness based on spirituality in the work of the staff of the sports and youth of the great Khorasan". Sports Management Studies, No. 29, P: 174-159.
- Kutcher, E.J. Bragger, J.D Rodriguz-Sredinicki, O. & Masco,J.L.(2010). "The role of religiosity in strees, job attitudes, and organizational citizenship behavior" journal of Business Ethics. 95. Pp: 319-337.
- Lund Dean, k., Fornaciari, C.J. and McGee, J.J. (2003) "Research in spirituality, religion, and work", Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol.16, No.4, pp.378-395.
- Milliman, J., Czaplewski, A. J., Ferguson, J (2003). "Workplace spirituality and employee work attitudes: An exploratory empirical assessment", Journal of Organizational Change Management, 16(4): 426-447.
- Naderi, N. Rajaeipor, S. (2011). "Management approach to spirituality (spirituality in the evaluation study)". Islamic Studies in the Humanities. 1 (1): 119-138.
- Poursolantani Zarandi H (2012). "Determining the Reliability and Reliability of Organizational Spirituality Questionnaire at the Ministry of Sports and Youth". Research project of the Ministry of Science and Technology Research, Institute of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, P. 125-13. (In Persian)
- Rego A. Cunha M, & Souto S. (2008). Workplace Spirituality, Commitment, and Self-Reported Individual Performance. Management Research, 5(3). 163–183.
- Shehinejad F, Ahmadi G (2009). "Management in the Sphere of Spirituality". Tadbir Monthly, No. 202, P. 58-49. (In Persian)
- Sudibyo, Yvonne Augustine, and Renso Fenius Hiskia. "The Influences of Workplace Spirituality, Organizational Factors, and Cultural Factors on Employees Performance through Organizational Commitment." Journal of Operations Management, 26 (2014): 180-197 Tabarsa.
- Sulaiman, M. (2015). "Identify the components of spirituality in business context the Islamic". Journal of Business and Management Sciences. 1 (2): P:166-188. (In Persian)
- Tepper, B.J. (2003) "Organizational citizenship behavior and the spiritual employee" R.A. Giacalone & C.L. Jurkiewicz (Eds), Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational prrformance. Pp: 181-190.
- Taqavi S A. Asadi M M. Mir Ghafouri S H (2014). "Investigating and Identifying the Factors Affecting Organizational Spirituality in Shahid Sadoughi Hospital, Yazd, Islamic Approach". Journal of Medical Ethics, Eighth, No. 30, P. 182-155. (In Persian)