Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D Student of Sport Management, Faculty of physical education and sport sciences. Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Associate professor, Faculty of physical education and sport sciences. Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Assistant professor, Faculty of physical education and sport sciences. Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran.
The aim of this study was to design and validate the scale of support for elite athlete women in championship sport. The research method was descriptive and a survey. The population included all elite athlete women and 200 women responded to the questionnaire purposively. A researcher-made questionnaire was used to collect data. Based on the research background and a semi-structured interview with experts, in particular elite athlete women, a list of the most important variables related to the subject was provided and finalized after 46 items had been extracted. Face and content validity were examined by Cronbach's alpha and exploratory factor analysis and confirmatory factor analysis was used to examine construct validity. The results of factor analysis showed that the reliability of the scale for all nine factors was between 0.73 and 0.89 using Cronbach's alpha. The results of confirmatory factor analysis showed that 46-item scale of support for elite athlete women was classified in nine factors: need for social support (7 items), financial support (6 items), job requirements (4 items), lifestyle (7 items), medical support (5 items), support for sports (5 items), academic-education support (5 items), government support (4 items), and infrastructure and facilities (3 items). The conclusion showed that social support, financial support and job requirements of elite athlete women were the most important reflectors of support for elite athlete women in championship sport.
- Sedaghati Fard M. Arjmand E. motivation of Iranian women to participate in social research activities in identifying factors affecting women's participation (Case study: Women aged 20 to 34 years in Semnan). "Women and Society Quarterly. 2010. 1(2): 97-122. (In Persian).
- Kordi H. Women's Attitudes Toward Social Participation in Golestan Province. Political Economic Information, August and September 2002.179-180: 220-233. (In Persian).
- Banar N. Ahmadi N. Karimi F.Study of the Challenges of Sport Women's Championship in Guilan Province. "Journal of Human Resources Management in Sports. 2014.1(1):11-24. (In Persian).
- Ball K, Salmon J, Giles-Corti B, Crawford D. How can socio-economic differences in physical activity among women be explained? A qualitative study. Women & health. 2006 Jul 14;43(1):93-113.
- Gaini AA. Woman, Sports and Culture. Summary of Women's Congress Articles in Dialogue on Civilizations. 2002.
- Jafari Moghadam S. Sports Media. Sports Journal of University and Revolution. 2003. 189: 23. (In Persian).
- Anwar al-Khul A. Sports and Society. Translation by Hamid Reza Sheikhi, Islamic Research Foundation of Astan Quds Razavi, 2004. 47-25. (In Persian).
- O,brien M. Problems of High Performance Female Athlete, FISA Coaching Development Programmed Course - Level III. 2008; 5: 145-148.
- Mozafari SA. Elahi, AR. Abbasi, Sh. Rezaie, Z. Strategies for the development of Iran's sport championship system. Sport Management Studies Journal.2012. 13:48-33. (In Persian).
- Askarian F. Jafari A. Fakhri F. Factors Affecting the Performance of Championship Sports in Iran. Sport Management Studies. June and July 2015. 92: 50-37. (In Persian).
- Meenaghan T. Understanding sponsorship effects. Psychology & Marketing. 2001 Feb;18(2):95-122.
- Koivula N. Gender stereotyping in televised media sport coverage. Sex roles. 1999 Oct 1;41(7-8):589-604.
- Cunningham GB. Media coverage of women's sport: A new look at an old problem. Physical Educator. 2003 Apr 1;60(2):43.
- Mahmudi A. Saatchian V. Sajadi N. Haji Akhoond Zadeh M. Study of the Priorities and Strategies for Advancement of the Judaism's Championship of the Country from the Point of View of Experts. "Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Sport Management. 2011. (In Persian).
- Kline RB. Principles and practice of structural equation modeling. Guilford publications; 2010 Nov 3.
- Sotiriadou KP, Shilbury D. Australian elite athlete development: An organizational perspective. Sport management review. 2009 Aug 1;12(3):137-48.
- De Bosscher V, De Knop P, Van Bottenburg M, Shibli S. A conceptual framework for analyzing sports policy factors leading to international sporting success. European sport management quarterly. 2006 Jun 1;6(2):185-215.