Document Type : Research Paper
Professor, Department of Sport Management, Payame Noor University
The aim of this study was to investigate the mediating role of organizational intelligence in the relationship between work self-efficacy and social capital in the Ministry of Sport and Youth. The statistical population included 850 top-level, middle-level and low-level managers and experts working in the ministry of Sport and Youth. 265 subjects were randomly selected as the sample. To achieve the research goals, Scherer Public Self-Efficacy MLQ, Albrecht Organizational Intelligence and Putnam Social Capital Questionnaires were used. Validity of these questionnaires was confirmed by 15 experts and their reliability was calculated in a pilot study with 30 subjects as 0.79, 0.72 and 0.73 respectively. For data analysis, the descriptive and inferential statistics including Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Single sample t student test were used. SEM was used to determine the causal relationship between variables using AMOS and SPSS. The findings showed that work self-efficacy and organizational intelligence were not desirable while social capital was desirable in the Ministry of Sport and Youth. Also, organizational intelligence had a moderating role in the relationship between work self-efficacy and social capital and their relationship model had a good fit.
- Farmahini Farahani, Ahmad; Vakili, Ali; Bagheri Zadeh, Ali (2006). Insensible Property of the Fatal Wealth of the Organization in a Competitive Field in the5th Conference of Industries & Mines Researches and Development . p. 35. ( in Persian)
- Keshavarz, Loghman (2009). The Variety of Human Resources in the Sports Organizations. Proceedings for the Applied Management of the managing the organization behaviors in Sports. Tehran University. Pp: 1-15. ( in Persian)
- Bakhshian, A., Hamidi, F., Ezati, M., (2011). “Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and Entrepreneurship among University Educational Managers”, TJMCS .3(4): pp: 413 – 421
- Bandura, A. (2001). “Social cognitive theory and clinical psychology” In N. J. Smelser & P. B. Baltes (Eds.), International encyclopedia of the social and behavioral sciences Oxford: Elsevier Science, 21, pp: 14250-14254.
- Putnam, Robert (2000). “Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community”, New York: Simon and Schuster, p: 35.
- Honary, Habib (2012). Designing a Model for the Structural Equations of Social Capital and managing the knowledge in Sports Organizations. Researches on Spports Management and Kinesthetic Sciences. No. 1 (1). P.85. ( in Persian)
- Albrecht, Karl (2003). "Organizational Intelligence Survey Preliminary Assessment Australian Managers", Australian institute of management, September, pp: 1-10.
- Shahidi, Nima (2011). A Relationship between self-efficiency & Organizational Commitment of the Instructors’ Board with the quality of their Teaching Quality (Ph.D. Dissertation) Instructional Management, Islamic Azad University (Sciences & Researches Branch), Tehran. Pp. 93-110. ( in Persian)
- Fink, Gerhard, Yolles Maurice (2011). “Understanding Organizational Intelligences as Constituting Elements of Normative Personality", Paper presented at IACCM, Ruse Bulgaria, pp: 20-25
- Gboyega, Adio, S.O. Popoola (2012). "Demographic Variables and Self-efficacy as Factors Influencing Career Commitment of Librarians in Federal University Libraries in Nigeria", Library Philosophy and Practice, pp: 1-15.
- Barar Zadeh, Hamid . A Relationship Model of Organizational Intelligence with the self-efficiency and organizational commitment in the Ministry of Sports & Youth [MSc]. Shahr-e Rey Payam Noor University, 2012. Pp. 70-85. ( in Persian)
- Marjani, Amir Babak, Soheilipour, Mojdeh (2012). “The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and Staff Performance Based on the Model of Karl Albrecht, The case of Iran Branch, China National Petroleum Company”, International Journal of Business and Social Science 3(4): pp: 152-158.
- Yusliza Mohd. Yusoff (2012). “Self-Efficacy, Perceived Social Support, and Psychological Adjustment in International Undergraduate Students in a Public Higher Education Institution in Malaysia”, Journal of Studies in International Education, 16: pp: 353-371.
- Niu, H. (2010). “Erratum to & ldquo; Investigating the effects of self-efficacy on foodservice industry employees & rsquo; career commitment”, International Journal of hospitality Management, 29(4), pp:743-750.
- Imami, Mostafa; Daraei, Maryam (2012). A Study of the Relationship between the Social Capital & Organizational Entrepreneurship in the State Organizations in Kermanshah affiliated to The Ministry of Economy & Finance in the National Conference “Entrepreneurship & Managing the Science-based Jobs”. P. 1 ( in Persian)
- Ahmadi, Seyyed Ali Akbar; Faizabadi, Hurriyyeh (2011). A Survey of the Impact of Social Capital on Improving the Organization in Municipality. In State Administrative Journal. 3 (6). Pp. 53-54. ( in Persian)
- Khorshidi, Seddigheh (2012). A Study of the Relationship between the self-efficiency & Social Capital of the Entrepreneurs, Considering the Intermediary Effect of their Social Efficiency: A Case Study of the Entrepreneurs at Industrial Towns in Babolsar in the National Conference “Entrepreneurship & Managing the Science-based Jobs”. P.17. ( in Persian)
- Sarraf Vahid. (2013). “Organizational Investment in Social Capital (OISC) and Employee Job Performance”, European Journal of Management Science, 11, 2668-3121.Zhao, Y.(2002). “Measuring the social capital of laid-off Chinese workers”, Current Sociology, p: 71.
- Ellinger A, Musgrove C, Bachrach, D, Elmadag A, & WangY. L. (2013). “Influences of organizational investments in social capital on service employee Commitment and performance”. Journal of Business Research, 66, pp: 1124-1133.
- Imam Jomeh Zadeh, Seyyed Javad; Rahbar Ghazi, Mahmood Reza; Isanezhad, Omid; Marandi, Zohreh (2012). The Relationship between the Social Capital and the Political Participation. In Politics Research. No. 7. Pp. 34-7.( in Persian)
- Mirak Zadeh, Ali Asghar; Shiri. Nematollah; Allahveisi, Mohammad Edris; Karami Darab Khani, Roya (2012) The Role of Social Capital in the Organizational Learning of the staff at Jihad Keshavarzi, Kordestan Province. Iran Center for the Researches on Economy & Agricultural Development. No. 3. Pp. 447-459.( in Persian)
- Razavizadeh, Neda; Bahmani, Mohsen; Yusefi, Ali (2012). A Study of the Relationship between the Social Capital & Mental Health among the Firdowsi Students in Mashad University in Social Sciences Journal. No 2. Pp. 51-52. ( in Persian)
- Chao-Min Chiu, Meng-Hsiang Hsu , Eric T.G. Wang(2006). “Understanding knowledge sharing in virtual communities: An integration of social capital and social cognitive theories”, pp: 1-15, available on the http://www.journals.elsevier. Com
- Monavvarian, Abbas. Asghari, Nasser.,Akhavan, Peyman. Ashena, Mostafa. (2013). "Developing social capital for facilitating knowledge management practices", International Journal of Social Economics, 40(9), pp:826 – 844.
- Shojaei, Khabat; Baryaji, Sirvan; Ahmad Nejad, Mahmood (2011). A Study of the relationship between the Organizational intelligence and social Intelligence among the secondary school & High school students in Sardasht, West Azerbaijan Province in the First Students’ Conference of Entrepreneurship. P. 29
- Veryard, Richard. (2012). “Organizational Intelligence", Leanpub, chapter 1, pp 12-18.