Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D in sport management – university of Tehran
PhD of sport management , Associated professor, Faculty of physical education and sport sciences, University of Tehran,Tehran,Iran
The aim of this study was to design a model of strategic readiness in sport organizations of Iran. Research method was mixed and descriptive-survey. In the qualitative part, participants included 16 university professors who were interviewed to determine the main components of the questionnaire. The sample in the quantitative section included 145 managers and employees of the department of physical education and health at the Ministry of Education in the departments and province. A researcher-made questionnaire (α=0.96) (43 items) was used to evaluate strategic readiness in three dimensions of human resources, organizational factors and leadership and management. Data were analyzed by descriptive and inferential statistics, confirmatory factor analysis and Pearson correlation coefficient with Atlas-ti, LISREL and SPSS. The results showed that the model of strategic readiness in sport organizations were based on three main dimensions of human resources, leadership and management and organizational factors. Also, the results indicated that the indices of the model had appropriate and acceptable fit (RMSEA=0.08, CFI=0.98, NNFI=0.99). This model can be used as an instruction to prepare sport organizations more to conduct the strategic management process.
- Bryson, J. M. (2015). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 23 .
- d'Ambiose, G. (2000). Vision and objetives: a must for SMEs in the new economy. Investigaciones europeas de dirección y economía de la empresa, 6 (2), 57-64.
- Fontanella, B. J. B., Luchesi, B. M., Saidel, M. G. B., Ricas, J., Turato, E. R., & Melo, D. G. (2011). Sampling in qualitativeresearch: a proposal for procedures to detect theoretical saturation. Cadernos de saude publica, 27 (2), 388-394.
- Gebhardt, A., & Eagles, P. F. (2014). Factors leading to the implementation of strategic plans for parks and recreation. Journal of Managing Leisure, 19 (5), 321-344.
- Ghaffarian, V., & Tafvizi, F. (2014). Strategy: 360 Degree Exposure, Strategic Planning Principles and Implementation Principles and Strategic Evaluation (Vol. 3). tahran: Industrial Management Institute, [in persian]
- Grant, R. M. (2016). Contemporary strategy analysis: Text and cases edition : John Wiley & Sons.
- Haki, M. (2005). Providing a model for organizational measurement of the successful implementation ofstrategic planning of information systems and information technology. (Master of art), Tehran, Tehran. [in persian]
- Kaplan, R. S. (2005). How the balanced scorecard complements the McKinsey 7-S model. Strategy & leadership, 33 (3), 41-46.
- Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2015). Balanced Scorecard Success: The Kaplan-Norton Collection (4 Books) : Harvard Business Review Press.
- Kaplan, R. S., Kaplan, R. E., Norton, D. P., Norton, D. P., & Davenport, T. H. (2004). Strategy maps: Converting intangibleassets into tangible outcomes : Harvard Business Press.
- Koh, C. E., Prybutok, V. R., Ryan, S., & Ibragimova, B. (2006). The importance of strategic readiness in an emerginge-government environment. Business Process Management Journal, 12 (1), 22-33.
- Lagzian, M., Malekzadeh,Gh & Hossieni, Z. (2014). A Proposed Model for Examining theOrganizational Readiness Assessment of Information Systems Development: A case study of a publicuniversity. Iranian Journal of Information Processing and Management, 29 (1), 61-93. [in persian]
- Lashkar Blooki, M. (2015). strategy implementation (3 ed. Vol. 3). tehran: Aryanaghalam.
- Liao, P.-W., Tai, C.-M., Yi, C.-C., & Yu, C. (2015). Business Excellence Model for 3C Service Industry in Taiwan: A Studyof Establishing Readiness Indicators of Service Science, Journal of Management and Engineering. 管理評論 , 34 (3), 35-49.
- Muosakhani, m., Ajali, M., & Safavi, S. (2010). Offering a Model to Asses the Organization’s Readiness inKnowledge Management. The Modares Journal of Management Research in Iran, 14 (Issue 2 (Tome 66)), 221-244. [in persian]
- Peymanfar, M. H., Elahi, A. R., & Hamidi, M. (2014). Why Strategies lose in Implementation? A Qualitative Study in Iranian Sport System. Journal of Sport Management Studies, 6 (23), 35-52. [in persian]
- Rezaei, K., Hoseini, H., & Hoshyar, M. (2001). QFD customer-oriented approach to designing and improvingproduct quality . Tehran: Anta. [in persian]
- Rosenberg Hansen, J., & Ferlie, E. (2016). Applying strategic management theories in public sector organizations: Developing a Typology. Journal of Public Management Review, 18 (1), 1-19
- Rusly, F. H., Corner, J. L., & Sun, P. (2012). Positioning change readiness in knowledge management research. Journal of Knowledge Management, 16 (2), 329-355.
- Saroukhani, B. (1994). Research Methods in Social Sciences (2 ed. Vol. 1). tehran: elmi farhangi.[in persian]