Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Tehran,
Associate Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran3
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
The main aim of the present study was to design a model of the relationship between entrepreneurial characteristics and performance in sport clubs in Tehran city. The population consisted of 1000 managers of those clubs licensed by Sport and Youth Organization in Tehran city. According to the population features, multi-stage cluster sampling method was considered. Using the Jersey Morgan's table of sample size, 280 subjects were selected as the sample. Entrepreneurial Characteristics Standard Questionnaire and Performance Questionnaire (2010) were used to measure the variables. The reliability was obtained using Cronbach's alpha coefficient as 0.96 for Entrepreneurial Characteristics Questionnaire and 0.94 for Club Performance Questionnaire. The results of data analysis showed a significant causal relationship between the entrepreneurial characteristics and all its aspects and performance of sport clubs, that is to say the stronger club managers’ entrepreneurial characteristics and the better they use these characteristics, the more club performance will be improved.
- Foroughi Pour H. Fields of entrepreneurship in sports in the perspective of administrators and experts in sport and providing solution (In Persian). doctoral thesis of Islamic Azad University, Science and Research; 2005:74-92.
- Niess C, Biemann T. The role of risk propensity in predicting self-employment. Journal of Applied Psychology. 2014;99(5):1000–1009.
- Kuratko DF, Audrestsch DB. Strategic Entrepreneurship: Exploring Different Perspectives of An Emerging Concept. The business Journals. 2009:27-42.
- Ball S. The Importance of Entrepreneurship to Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism. Journal of the hospitality, Higher, Leisure, Sport Education and Tourism Academy Network. 2005:1-14.
- Welsch HP, Pistrui D. Entrepreneurial Expansion Plans an Empirical Investigation of Infrastructure Predictors. New England Journal of Entrepreneurship. 2008;8:19-32.
- Nabi G, Liñán F. Graduate entrepreneurship in the developing world: intentions, education and development. Education and Training. 2011;53(5):325 – 334.
- Peredo A, Chrisman J. Toward a theory of community-based enterprise". Academy of Management Review. 2014;31(2): 309–328.
- Ahmadpour Dariani M, Moghimi M. Foundation of Entrepreneurship. Tehran: Farandish press. 12th edition (In Persian); 2009:77-97.
- Zali MR, Bastian BL, Qureshi S. Promoting innovation in the MENA region: the role of social norms and individual factors in entrepreneurial networks. International Journal of Business and Globalisation. 2013;11(4):413–426.
- Brandstatter H. Personality aspects of entrepreneurship. A look at five meta-analyses. Personality and Individual Differences. 2011.p.222-230.
- Mihandoost R. Investigating the Effect of Entrepreneurial Trend on the Performance of Small and Medium Business Enterprises in East of Mazandaran Province [Dissertation].Government - Ministry of Science, Research, Technology - Mazandaran University (In Persian):2010.p.11-17.
- Mohammad Kazemi R , Hosseininia Gh H , Ramezan Zarandi S. The Effect of Entrepreneurial Attitude on the Performance of Sport Managers (Case Study: Islamic Republic of Iran Shipyard (In Persian). Journal of Entrepreneurship Development. 2013;6(1):67-85.
- Ramooz S, Javanmard H. To study the effect of information technology on the entrepreneurship culture and firm’s performance: case study of the manufacturing firms of the city of Arak. National Conference of Entrepreneurship and management of knowledge based businesses (In Persian);Babolsar: 2012.p.2-5
- Fawehinmi S. The effects of entrepreneurial characteristics on business performance in jos north L.G.A.In NIGERIA". business administration project material samples. 2016.p.17-22
- Wekesa L CH. Entrepreneur characteristics, competitive strategy, firm level institutions and performance of small and medium enterprises of non timber forest products in Kenya". (Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis). Kenyatta University, Nairobi.2015.p.44-56.
- Abdulwahab M H, Al-Dame R A. The Impact of Entrepreneurs’ Characteristics on Small Business Success at Medical Instruments Supplies Organizations in Jordan. International Journal of Business and Social Science. 2015;6(8);55-62.
- Holmes T. Entrepreneurial and performance. Journal of Small Business Management. 2015; 37:30–37.
- Tesone D V, Platt A, Alexalkis G. The Human Capital Factor: Strategies for Dealing with Performance Challenges in Business and Sport Management. The Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship. 2004;9(30): 22-33.
- Backbro J, Nystrom H. Entrepreneurial Marketing–Innovate value creation. Master thesis. 2006.p.37-40.
- Gheysari V, Talebi K, Imanipour N. The role of entrepreneurial thinking on the growth strategies in small and medium size enterprises (In Persian). Journal of Entrepreneurship Development. 2013;8(2):195-214.
- Arawati A, Za’faran H. The Structural Influence of Entrepreneurial Leadership, Communication Skills, Determination and Motivation on Sales and Customer Satisfaction. International Journal of Business and Development Studies. 2010;2(1):109-130.