Document Type : Research Paper
associate professor, ferdowsi university of mashhad
PhD Student of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
MSc of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
The present study aimed at investigating the role of relationship marketing tactics in the loyalty of fans of Iran football premier league clubs. This study was descriptive - correlation conducted based on case studies. The population consisted of the fans of Esteghlal-e-Tehran sport club. 366 subjects were selected as the sample by simple random sampling method. Appropriate descriptive and inferential statistics (Pearson correlation and linear regression) at the significance level of 0.05 were applied to analyze the data. The linear regression analysis in the final research model showed that among the dimensions of relationship marketing, only two dimensions of knowledge management and media advertisement could predict about 55% and 88% of loyalty variance of the sport fans. Overall, this study showed that Esteghlal-e-Tehran club can achieve an effective way to strengthen the relationship between fans and the club using relationship marketing tactics and pave the way for more loyalty of its fans using knowledge management and media advertisement
- Ebrahimi A, Mahdiyeh. Electronic Marketing: Principles, Concepts, Applications. First Edition, Hamayan Danesh Publications, 2008. (in Persian)
- Cigliano J, Georgiadis M, Pleasance D, & Whalley S. The price of loyalty. McKinsey Quarterly.2000;(4): 68-77.
- Davis SB, Mentzer JT, Stank TP. Creating consumer durable retailer customer loyalty through order fulfillment service operations, Journal of Operations Management. 2008; 26(6):781-797.
- Hosseini S. E. Designing the Sports Marketing Model for the Islamic Football League of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Master thesis, Tarbiat Modares University. 2009; 88. (in Persian).
- Khabiri M, Mohammadi R, Sadeghi R. Investigating the Factors Affecting the Participation of Bodybuilding Club Customers in Connection to the word of mouth. Applied Research in Sport Management. 2013; 4: 86-79. (in Persian).
- Afchangi S, Harari SF, Allah A. Predicting the Satisfaction and Reality of Customers' Retention by relationship Marketing Components in Sport Clubs: Study of Mashhad Women's Aerobic Club. Applied Research in Sport Management.2014; 4:70-63. (in Persian)
- Kavyani K, Mohammadi, S. Association between relationship marketing and- Sport Science. Sport Science.2014; 7(2): 63-67.
- Jalilvand R. M, Khazaei Pool, J, Nasrolahi VL, & Shabani NJ. The effect of marketing constructs and tourists satisfaction on loyalty to a sport destination: A structural equation model and analysis. Education. Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues. 2014; 7(4): 316-332.
- Afsharia MJ, Amirtash AM, Sabbaghian RL. A model of relationship marketing and loyalty in the users of swimming pools in Tehran. Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences. 2014; 4 (S3): 984-987.
- Oly NN. Relationship marketing and customer loyalty. Marketing intelligence & planning. 2007; 25(1): 98-106.
- Kim YK, Trail G. A conceptual framework for understanding relationships between sport consumers and sport organizations: A relationship quality approach. Journal of Sport Management. 2011; 25(1: 57-69.
- Tsiotsou HR. Sport team loyalty: integrating relationship marketing and a hierarchy of effects. Journal of Services Marketing. 2013; 27(6): 458-471.
- Abeza G, Oreilly N, Reid L. Relationship Marketing and Social Media in Sport. International journal of sport communication. 2013;6(2):120-142.
- Izadi B, Ehsani M. Designing a communication marketing model in the Iranian Premier League. Dissertation of Physical Education (Sport Management), Tarbiat Modares University, Faculty of Humanities. 2012; 37-57. (in Persian)
- Sayed Ameri MH, Sohrabi S, Sayyadi M. Investigating the relationship between quality of services and satisfaction and loyalty of customers in public and private indoor sports facilities in Urmia. Applied research applied in management and motor science in sport. 2013; 3: 18-11. (in Persian)