Document Type : Research Paper
PhD Student of Sport Management, Ferdowsi University Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
. Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Islamic Azad University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Ferdowsi University, Mashhad, Iran
The aim of the current study was to investigate the relationship of organizational identity (OI) and organizational citizenship behavior (OCB) with mediating role of emotional intelligence (EI) in employees of Sport and Youth general office of Khorasan Razavi province. This study was application in terms of aims, correlation conducted as a field. The statistical population consisted of all employees. Due to the limit to the number of employees, all of them were considered as the sample by census sampling method (N=n). 3 standard questionnaires were used for data collection. Results showed a positive and significant relationship between OI and its components and OCB (r=0.52, P≤0.001), between OI and its components and EI (r=0.207, P≤0.041) and between EI and its components and OCB (r=0.487, P≤0.001), but EI cannot play a mediating role in the relationship between OI and OCB (0.21≥0.127=0.44*0.29). So it can be stated that there is a naturally significant relationship between OI and OCB, and there is no need for the mediating role of EI to establish this relationship.
- Khodadadi M, Hasanpour A. The role of emotional intelligence in capacity of security managers. Quarterly Journal of Protective and Security Research at Imam Hossein University of Technology, 2013, Second Year, No. 5, pp. 131-117. (In Persian).
- Karimi F, Hasoumi F, Leith Safar Z. The relationship between the components of emotional intelligence and organizational citizenship behavior of the high school secondary schools in Isfahan. Journal of A New Approach to Educational Management, 2012, Third Year, No. 9, pp. 151-166. (In Persian).
- Rahimnia F, Nikkhah Farkhani Z. The effect of the organization's ethical climate on organizational identity and willingness to quit vendors. Journal of Ethics in Science and Technology, 2012, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 10-20. (In Persian).
- Riketta M. Organizational identification: A meta-analysis. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 2005, 66, p 358–384.
- Alahyari M, Hamidi M, Hematinejad MA, Alahyari F. The relationship between organizational identity and social demographics and organizational citizenship behavior in sport. Research in Sport Sciences, 2012, No. 9, pp. 112-95. (In Persian).
- Organ DW. Organizational citizenship behavior: The good soldier syndrome. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1988, p 325.
- Sahertian P, Soetjipto BE. Implementation of task-oriented and relationship-oriented leadership behavior. The Business Review, 2011, Cambridge, Vol. 17 (2); pp. 48, 13 pgs.
- Moghimi SM. Organizational citizenship behavior from theory to practice. Management Culture, 2006, Third Year, No. 11, pp. 48-19. (In Persian).
- Vigoda GE, Itai Beeri TB, Shemeshsomech, T. Group level organizational citizenship behavior in the educational system: A scale reconstruction and validation, Educational Administration quarterly, 2007, 43 (4), p 462-493.
- Rezaeian A, Keshtegar AA. The relationship between emotional intelligence and organizational commitment. The Perspective of Business Management (Management Message), 2009, Volume 7, Issue 27, pp. 27-39.
- Ahmadi F, Ahmadi A, Homayouni, G. Measurement of organizational citizenship behavior in general inspection organization in Iran. Interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary research in business, 2011, Vol. 3, No 1, p 618-628.
- Hadizadeh Moghadam A, Farajian M. Investigating the effect of emotional intelligence on organizational citizenship behavior by considering the role of emotional commitment (A Case Study of the Mellat Bank). Business Management Perspective, 2009, No. 28, pp. 103-128. (In Persian).
- Yousefi B, Eidi H, Moradi L. The relationship between emotional intelligence and its components with organizational citizenship behavior in the Department of Sports and Youth of Kermanshah. North Sport Management and Physiology Journal, 2014, Volume 1, No. 1, p. 73-83. (In Persian).
- Bellou V, Chitiris L, Bellou A. The impact of organizational identification and self-esteem on organizational citizenship behavior: The case of Greek public hospitals. Operational Research, an International Journal, 2005, 5 (2), p 305-318.
- Modassir A, Singh T. Relationship of emotional intelligence with transformational leadership and organizational citizenship behavior. International Journal of Leadership Studies, 2008, 4(1), p 3-21.
- Charbonneau D, Nichol AAM. Emotional intelligence and leadership in adolescents. Personality and Individual Differences, 2002, 33, p 1101-1113.
- Khefri S, Hasani M. Investigating the effect of organizational identity on job satisfaction and job abandonment considering the mediating role of organizational citizenship behavior (Case Study: Municipal Employees of District 2 of Tehran), 2015, Public Management Publication, pp. 130-109. (In Persian).
- Zarei Matin H, Jandaghi G, Toure N. Identifying the organizational citizenship behavior and investigating its relationship with organizational performance. Management Culture, 2007, Year 4, No. 14, pp. 31-6. (In Persian).
- Raub S. Bureaucracy kills individual initiative? The impact of structure on organizational citizenship behavior in the hospitality industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 2009, 27, p 179-186.