Document Type : Research Paper
Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Associate Professor, Faculty of Management and Accounting, College of Farabi, University of Tehran, Qom, Iran
PhD, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
The aim of this study was to determine and design the pattern of financial strategic decisions (environmental factors) in National Olympic Committee of I.R.I. This study was application in terms of aims, descriptive – survey in terms of data collection and mixed based on research approach. The population consisted of qualitative and quantity parts (all directors of the National Olympic Committee) (N=64) and experts familiar with financial strategic decisions in the NOC (N=96). Sampling was conducted by snowball techniques (n=160). 147 correct questionnaires were returned. In order to test the hypotheses, structural equation modeling (Smart PLS software) was used. Skewness and kurtosis, the factor loadings, Cronbach alpha, combination reliability, convergent validity (AVE), divergent validity, t values, R Square (R2), Stone-Geisser Criterion (Q2), redundancy criterion and GOFxci criterion were examined. The reliability and validity of the questionnaire were confirmed. The results showed that economic, political, technological, sociocultural and legal factors were fundamental environmental factors affecting financial strategic decisions in National Olympic Committee of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It is hoped that decision makers in IOC use these findings and pay attention to the negative environmental factors (the effect of political factors on decision makings and…), decrease these negative effects and increase the positive environmental factors (the effect of technology on decision makings and…).
- Baradaran Hassanzadeh R, Vezhad Irani F, Lotfollahi Haghee M. [Comparative study of the effect of financial performance criteria on decision makers of banks managers (governmental and nongovernmental) using hierarchical analysis technique(AHP) (in persian)]. Beyond management. 2008;3(11): 185-211.
- Alvani SM. General management. 3nd ed. PA: Ney; 2009 .(in persian)
- Arnalldo, O. A discussion of rational and psychological decision making theories and models: the search for a cultural- ethical decision making model, Electronic Journal of Business Ethics and organization Studies. 2011; 12(6): 12-13.
- Kuntz, H., ODaniel, S. Principles of Management, Translated by M. H. Chamran, Sharif University of Technology, Institute of Scientific Publications, Tehran. 2002 : 169.
- Mirabee V. Management(Strategy). 1nd ed. PA: Shahre Ashoob; 2004. (in persian)
- Kargar Gh. [The Role of Information and Communication Technology on Decision-making Process of Iranian Sports Organizations ( in persian)]. Research on sports management and motor behavior. 2015; 10(20): 111-122.
- Jacson R, Palmer R. Guidline of sport management. 3nd ed. PA: Iranian national Olympic commitee; 2003 .(in persian)
- International Olympic committee. Association of national Olympic committee. www.olympic.org. 2015.
- Hernands R A. Management of sports organizations. 1nd ed. PA: Bamdad ketab; 2006 .(in persian)
- Loup, J. Strategic and performance management of Olympic sport organizations. First edition. Human Kinetics.2004: 301.
- Parks Zh B. Contemporary management in sport. 1nd ed. PA: Tarbiat Modarres university; 2003 .(in persian)
- Anagnostopoulos. Ch., Byers, T., Shilbury, D. Corporate social responsibility in professional team sport organisations: towards a theory of decision-making. European Sport Management Quarterly.2014; 14(3): 259-281.
- Kriemadis, A. Strategic planning in higher education athletic. departments International Journal of educational management. 1997; 11(6):381.
- British Olympic association. faster, higher, stronger. www.Olympics .org.uk. 2015.
- US Olympic committee. US Olympic committee programs. www.usolypicetam .com. 2015.
- International Olympic committee mission. www.olympic.org. 2015.
- Khosranizadeh E, Hamidi M, Yadollahee J, Khabiri M. [Formulation of strategies and strategic positioning of the National Olympic Committee of the Islamic Republic of Iran (in persian)]. Sports Management and Development. 2013; 1: 11-25.
- Naderi A. [The mechanism and model of optimal allocation of financial resources for education: the basics of requirements, elements and algorithms ( in persian)]. Quarterly Journal of Education. 2009; 104: 59-90.
- Moshtaghian S, Etebarian A, Namazizadeh M, Afkhami M. [Investigating the experiences of managers, experts and athletes on the reasons for Iran's failure to compete at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games in Human Resources and Finance (in persian)]. Sport management. 2014; 5(3): 71-97.
- Nooraie, M. Factors influencing strategic decision – making processes. International Journal of academic research in business and social sciences. 2012; 2(5): 405-429.
- Soares, J, Correia, A., Rosado, A. Political Factors in the Decision-making Process in Voluntary Sports Associations. European Sport Management Quarterly. 2010; 10(1): 5-29.
- Wicker , P., Breuer, Ch. Examining the Financial Condition of Sport Governing Bodies: The Effects of Revenue Diversification and Organizational Success Factors. International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations. 2014; 25(4): 929-948.
- Keshanarz L, Hamidi M, Goodarzi M, Sajadi N. [Draw up the landscape and strategic plan of the National Olympic Committee with a balanced scorecard ( in persian)]. Olympic Journal. 2012; 19(1): 7-23.
- Sarmad Z, Bazargan A, hejazee E. Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences. 2nd ed. PA: Agah; 2007 .(in persian)
- Hair, J.F., Sarstedt, M., . Pieper, T.M., Ringle, Ch.M. The Use of Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling in Strategic Management Research: A Review of Past Practices and Recommendations for Future Applications. Long Range Planning. 2012; 45(5-6): 320–340.
- Lee D., Newman, P., and Price, R. Decision Making in Organization. Glasgow, UK: Prentice Hall. 1999: 251.
- Jening, D. Decision Making an Integrated Approach,. Business & Economics. 1994: 325.