Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Education, Azadshahr Branch, Islamic Azad University, Azadshahr, Iran
. Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Education, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D.Student of Sport Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
MSc Student, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between market orientation and service quality provided in bodybuilding clubs of Kermanshah city. The population consisted of all managers of bodybuilding clubs of Kermanshah city (N=153). 113 subjects were selected as the sample by simple random sampling method and Cochran Table and finally 103 questionnaires were returned. To collect data, Market Orientation Questionnaire developed by Ramayah et al. (2011) and Provided Service Quality Questionnaire developed by Lassar et al. (2002) were used. Descriptive and inferential statistics were used for data analysis. The findings showed no significant relationship between customer orientation and provided service quality. A positive and significant relationship was observed between competitor orientation and provided service quality. Also, a significant and positive relationship was observed between inter-functional coordination and provided service quality. Among dimensions of market orientation, competitor orientation and inter-functional coordination had the ability to predict provided service quality.
- Pakdel MR, Nayebzadeh S, Dehghandehnavi H. [Assessing the impact of market orientation on customer innovation and customer loyalty on business performance: Case study of Pool clothing groups (In Persian)]. Journal of Marketing Management. 2012; 10: 1-26.
- Elahi S, Heydari B. [Investigating the impact of customer relationship management and product attributes on perceptions and intent to accept new products (In Persian)].Executive Management Journal. 2009; 5: 10-18.
- Lin R, Chen RH, Chiu KKS. Customer relationship management and innovation capability: an empirical study. Industrial Management & Data Systems. 2009; 110(1): 111-133.
- Gronroos C. A Service Quality Model and Its Marketing Implications. European Journal of Marketing. 1984; 18(4): 36-45.
- Rekila T. Study of the factors influencing customer satisfaction and efficiency in contact centres: the combined effect[MA].Aalto University; 2013.
- YaoH, Khong KW. Effectiveness of Customer Relationship Management on Customer Satisfaction in the Commercial Banks of Taiwan. Contemporary Management Research. 2011; 7(2): 105-116.
- Kim HD, LaVettera D, LeeJH. The Influence of Service Quality Factors on Customer Satisfaction and Repurchase Intention in the Korean Professional Basketball League. International Journal of Applied Sports Sciences. 2006; 18(1): 39-58.
- Soon Yu H, Zhang JJ, Kim DH, Chen KK, Henderson C, Min SD, Huang H. Service quality, perceived value, customer satisfaction and behavioural intention among fitness center members aged 60 years and over. Social Behaviour and Personality. 2014; 42(5): 757-768.
- CalabuigF, Quintanilla I, Mundina J. The perception of service quality in sport services: differences according to sport facility, gender, age and user type in nautical services. RevistaInternacional De Ciencias Del Deporte. 2008; 4(10): 25-43.
- Jao-Chuan L. Service Quality of the Ocean Sports Clubs and its Impact on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty[Ph. D]. Alabama University; 2008.
- Nuviala A, Grao-Cruces A, José Antonio Pérez-Turpin JA, Nuviala R. Perceived service quality, perceived value and satisfaction in groups of users of sport organizations in Spain. Kinesiology. 2012; 44(1): 94-103.
- Kohli AK,Jaworski BJ. Market orientation: The construct, research propositions, and managerial implications. Journal of Marketing. 1990; 54(2): 1-18.
- Narver JC, Slater SF. The effect of a market orientation on business profitability. Journal of Marketing. 1990; 54(4): 20-35.
- Jimenez-Zarco AI, Martinez-Ruiz MP, Izquirdo-Yusta A. The impact of market orientation dimensions on client cooperation in the development of new service innovations”. European Journal of Marketing. 2011; 45(1/2): 43-67.
- Tsiotsou RH, Vlachopoulou M. Understanding the effects of market orientation and e-marketing on service performance”. Marketing Intelligence & Planning. 2011; 29(2): 141-155.
- Mazroei M. Investigating the relationship between market orientation and performance from the point of view of sports club managers in Gonbad-e-Kavus[MA] (In Persian). Islamic Azad University, Aliabad KatoulBrnach; 2015.
- Ahmadi A. A survey on the relationship between market orientation and quality of services using the Markur model and its comparison between Mellat and Parsianbank branches in Shiraz[MA] (In Persian). Payam Noor University, Alborz Branch; 2015.
- Smaeili M, Ehsani M, Kouzechian H, Honari H. Design model of service quality role in relation between market orientation cultures with future behaviour of customers in water sports recreation centers in Iran. International Journal of Sport Studies. 2014; 4(12): 1570-1575.
- David M. Relationship among market orientation, service quality, firm innovation and fitness enterprises performance in Kenya [Ph. D]. Applied Human Sciences of Kenyatta University; 2009.
- Lopez MB. Market orientation, service quality and business performance of hotels in Klang Valley of Malaysia [MA]. Technology Mara University; 2010.
- RamayahT, Samat N, Lo M. Market orientation, service quality and organizational performance in service organizations in Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration. 2011; 3(1): 8-27.
- Pantouvakis A. Market orientation and service quality: opponents or colleagues. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences. 2014; 6(2/3): 98-111.
- Pallander SV. Market orientation of frontline employees and its impact on service quality and productivity within the South African contact center industry [Ph. D]. University of the Cape Town;2014.
- Wang ZI. To enhance the running competitiveness of sport institutes with market orientation and character exploration: options on specialty adjustment in sport institutes. Journal of Nanjing Institute of Physical Education. 2008; 7(4): 89-103.
- Farrelly F, Quester P, Clulow W. Exploring Market Orientation and Satisfaction of Partners in the Sponsorship Relationship. Australasian Marketing Journal. 2008; 16(2): 51-66.
- Beaumont-Kerridge J. Market orientation and service quality of public sector sport and recreation providers: a case study approach[Ph. D]. Middlesex University; 2001.