Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
The aim of this study was to provide a model for the effect of organizational spirituality and ethics on job involvement in experts of the Ministry of Sport and Youth. This study was descriptive-correlation in terms of data collection and application in terms of goal which was conducted as a field. The Milimanquestionnaire was used to measure organizational spirituality and a researcher-made questionnaire was applied to measure organizational ethics and job involvement. The validity of the questionnaires was confirmed by a group of academic experts through factor analysis technique and they were distributed among the population after determining reliability. Multiple correlation coefficient and structural equation modeling were used for data analysis. The results showed that organizational spirituality had 0.51 multiplier effect on job involvement and 0.42 multiplier effect on organizational ethics. Multiplier effect of organizational ethics on job involvement was also achieved 0.55. The model presented in this study confirmed the effect of organizational spirituality on job involvement through organizational ethics. As a result, the managers of Ministry of Sport and Youth can improve job involvement and ultimately organizational performance by creating a spiritual and ethical climate.
- فریدونی، مسعود (1393). بررسی ارتباط بین عدالت سازمانی ادراکشده و درگیری شغلی کارکنان وزارت ورزش و جوانان،پایاننامۀ کارشناسیارشد، دانشگاه تهران، ص 80- 65.
- نوربخش، پریوش. راشدی، مهری (1393). «رابطۀ علی بین منبع کنترل و اخلاق سازمانی با رضایت شغلی: ارائۀ مدلی برای محیط کار»، نشریۀ مدیریت ورزشی، دورۀ 6، ش 3، ص 544-531.
- Akhavan, P. Ramezan, M. Yazi, J. (2014). “Exploring the relationship between ethics, knowledge creation and organizational performance”. Vine: The journal of information and knowledge management systems. 44(1). Pp: 42-58.
- Anthony, G. (2015). “A Causal Model for Integrating Workplace Spirituality Into Hospitality Organizational Transformation”. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism. 14(2). Pp: 177-194.
- Appelbaum, S. H. Deguire Kyle, J. Lay, M. (2005). “The relationship of ethical climate todeviant workplace behavior”. Corporate governance. 5(4). Pp: 43-55.
- Ashmos, D. Duchon, D. (2009). “Spirituality at work. manage inquiry”. 9(2). Pp:134-145.
- Diefendorff, J.M. Brown, D.J. Kamin, A.L. Lord, R.G.(2002). “Examining the roles of job involvement and work centrality in predicting organizational citizenship behaviours and job performance”. Journal Organ Behav. 23(1). Pp:93-108.
- Elankumarn, S. (2004). “Personality organization climate and job involvement: an empirical study”. Journal Hum Valu. 10(2). Pp:117-30.
- Geijsel, F. Sleegres, P. (2003). “Transformational leadership effect on teachers commitment and effort toward school reform”. Journal Educ Admin. 41(3). Pp: 228-56.
- George, H. Dirk, G. Claude-Hélène. M. (2014). “Acknowledging others as whole beings. Managers perceptions of spirituality and health in the South African workplace”. International Review of Psychiatry. 26(3). pp: 289-301.
- Hirschfeld, R. (2006). “Achievement orientation and psychological Involvement in job tasks: The interactive effects of work alienation and intrinsic job satisfaction”. Journal of Applied Social Psychology. 32(8). Pp: 1663-1681.
- Jose Luis, D. (2015). “Workplace spirituality and stress: evidence from Mexico and US”. Management Research Review, 38(1). Pp: 29 – 43.
- Karakas, F. (2010). “Spirituality and Performance in Organizations: ALiterature Review”. Journal of Business Ethics.94. pp: 89-106.
- Litten, J.P. Vaughan, A.G. Wildermuth, C.D. (2011). “The fabricof engagement: the engagement and personality ofmanagers and professionals in human anddevelopmental disability services”. Journal Soc Work Disabil Rehabil. 10(3). pp: 189-210.
- Lopez, B.T. Babin, J. Chung, C. (2009). “Perceptions of ethical work climateand person-organization fit among retail employeesin Japan and the US: a cross-cultural scale validation”. Journal of business research. 62. Pp: 594-600.
- Lucie, I. Huang, J. Yi-Chun, L. (2014). “The Relationship between Workplace Spirituality and Job Involvement under Mergers and Acquisitions Circumstances: The Moderating Effect of Perceived Organizational Support”. nterdisciplinary Management Seminar. 17. pp: 494 – 50.
- Marques, J.F. (2006). “The spiritual worker”. Journal Of Management Development. 25(9). Pp:884-95.
- Mello, C. Wildermuth, S. Paukena, P. D. (2008). “Perfect match: Decoding employee engagement-part I: Engaging cultures and leaders”. Idustrial and Commercial Training. 40(4). Pp: 206-210.
- Milliman, J.F. rew, J.C. Jeffery, F. (2003). “Workplace spirituality & employee work attiuds: An exploratory empirical assessment”. Journal of Organizational Change Management. 16 (4). Pp: 426-447.
- Mitroff, L.I. Denton, E. (1999). “A Study of Spirituality in theWorkplace”. Sloan Management Review. Pp: 83-92.
- Mudrak, P.E. (2004). “Job Involvement, Obsessive compulsive Personality Traits, andWorkaholic Behavioral Tendencies”. Journal ofOrganizational Change Management.17, 490-508.
- Peterson, D.K. (2002). “The relationship betweenunethical behavior and the dimensions of the ethicalclimate questionnaire”. Journal of business ethics. 41. Pp: 313-326.
- Rego, A. Ecunha, M. (2008). “Workplace spirituality and organizational commitment: An empirical study”. Journal of Organizational Change. 21(1). Pp:53-75.
- Rhonda, S. Bell-Ellis. Linda, J. Molly, L. Judi, N.(2015). “Spirit at work in faculty and staff organizational commitment”. Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion. 12(1). Pp: 1-22.
- Rotenberry, P.F. Moberg, P.J. (2007). “Assessing the impact of job involvement on performance”. Management Research News. 30. Pp: 203-215.
- Saxena, s. (2015). “Impact of Job Involvement and Organizational Commitment on Organizational Citizenship Behavior”. International Journal of Management and Business Research (IJMBR). 5(1): 19-30.
- Sean, V. Gary, F. Lynn, G. (2015). “Rogues in the ranks of selling organizations: using corporate ethics to manage workplace bullying and job satisfaction”. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management. 35(1). Pp: 1-21.
- Spurgeon, P. Mazelan, P.M. Barwell, F. (2011). “Medicalengagement: a crucial underpinning toorganizational performance”. Health Serv Manage Res. 24(3).pp: 114-20.
- Stawiski, S. Tindale, R. (2009). “The effectsof ethical climate on group and individual leveldeception in negotiation”. International journal ofconflict management. 20(3). Pp: 287-308.
- Stephen, T.C. Joseph, A. Stewart-Sicking, B.T. (2014). “Sanctification of work: assessing the role of spirituality in employment attitudes”. Mental Health, Religion & Culture. 17(6). pp: 545-556.
- Svensson, G. Wood, Greg. (2003). “The dynamics of business ethics: a functioof time and culture – cases and models”. Management Decision, 41(4). Pp:350-361.
- Weihui, Fu. (2014). “The Impact of Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Commitment, and Job Satisfaction on Ethical Behavior of Chinese Employee”. Journal of Business Ethics. Pp: 37-52
- Won-Moo, H, Sang IL, P. Tae-Won, M. (2014). “The moderating roles of organizational justice on the relationship between emotional exhaustion and organizational loyalty in airline services”. Journal of Services Marketing. 28(3). Pp:195 – 206.
- Zaidman, N. Goldstein-Gidoni, O. Nehemya, I. (2011). “Spirituality as a discarded form of organizational wisdom”. Group & Organization Management. 36(5). pp: 630-633.