Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, University of Tabriz, Iran
MSc of Sport Marketing Management, University of Tabriz, Iran
In the present study, the survey research strategy was used to investigate the effect of factors influencing the success of customer relationship management (CRM) considering mediating effects of organizational factors. The population consisted of managers and employees in the sports services sector of six metropolitan hotels of Iran and 67 hotels were selected as the study sample. The data were obtained by the questionnaires and were analyzed with PLS software. The results showed that the applied structural equation modeling was a powerful theoretical model to predict the success of customer relationship management; all aspects of knowledge management (KM) components (the knowledge management influence / knowledge management achievement / customer relationship management technology / customer orientation) with the mediating role of organizational factors and direct influence of CRM experience had a significant effect on the success of customer relationship management. The CRM enhancement can increase the close and constant relationship with customers (customer attraction and customer orientation).
- Abdul Alem Mohammed, Basri B. Rashid& Shaharuddin B. Tahir (2014). “Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Technology and Organization Performance: Is Marketing Capability a Missing Link? An Empirical Study in the Malaysian Hotel Industry”. Asian Social Science; Vol. 10, No. 9; P,107-128.
- Alavi, M., & Leidner, D. E (2001). “Review: KM and KM systems: Conceptual foundations and research issues”. MIS Quarterly, 25(1),p 107–136.
- Antonio Padilla-Meléndeza & Aurora Garrido-Moreno (2013)".Customer relationship management in hotels:examining critical success factors ". Published online: 18 Jun . p, 387-396 .
- Bang, J. (2013). “Understanding customer relationship management from manager’s and customer’s perspective: Exploring the implications of CRM fit, market orientation, and market knowledge competence”. Doctoral Thesis. University of Rhode Island.p 98.
- Beijerse, R. P (1999). “Questions in KM: Defining and conceptualising a phenomenon”. Journal of Knowledge Management, 3(2). p, 94–109.
- Call, D. (2005). “KM-not rocket science”. Journal of Management, 9(2),p 19–30.
- Castells, M. End of millennium, (1998) “the information age: Economy, society and culture Cambridge”, MA/Oxford, UK: Blackwell.
- Campbell, A. J. (2003). “Creating customer knowledge competence: Managing customer relationship management programs strategically”. Industrial Marketing Management, 22. p. 375–383.
- Croteau, A., & Li, P (2003). “Critical success factors of CRM technological initiatives”. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 20(1). 2003,p, 21–34.
- Chalmeta, R (2006). “Methodology for customer relationship management”. The Journal of Systems and Software, 79,p, 1015–1024.
- Chen, Injazz J. and Karen Popovich (2003). "Understanding Customer Relationship Management (CRM) People, Process and Technology", Business Process Management Journal, 9, (5), p 672-688.
- Chen, J., & Ching lun, R.(2004) “An empirical study of the relationship of IT intensity and organizational absorptive capacity on CRM performance”. Journal of Global Information Management, 12(1).,p. 1–17.
- Dous, M., Kolbe, L. (2005). “Salomann, H., & Brenner, W. KM capabilities in CRM: Making knowledge for, from and about customers work”. In Proceedings of the eleventh Americas conference on information systems Omaha, NE, USA .p, 167– 178.
- Eisazadeh Nashli, Sasan (2014). “Relationship betweenfunctionalcustomer relationship management(CRM),and its implicationsin the organization ( Case Study4 and 5 starhotelsin Tehran)”. A graduate student at Tehran University. Extracted from his thesis. Tehran University, School of Management, Marketing Management Group. ( Persian).
- Eyzadi, Behzad, Ehsani, Mohammad, Kozehchian, Hashem, Tejari, Farshad. "The factors that influence the success of fans relationship management in the Premier League football". Journal of Sport Management August and September. p 24-26.
- Garrido-Moreno, Aurora; Padilla-Meléndez, Antonio (2011); “Analyzing the impact of knowledge management on CRM success: The mediating effects of organizational factors”, International Journal of Information Management 31, p,437– 444.
- Grönroos, C (2007). “From marketing mix to relationship marketing: Towards a paradigm shift in marketing”. Management Decision, 32(2) .p 4–20.
- Goodhue, D.L; Wixom, B.H, & Watson, H.J (2002). “Realizing business benefitsthrough CRM: Hitting the right target in the right way”. MIS Quarterly Executive; 1(2): 79-94.
- Hart, S., Hogg, G., & Banerjee, M (2004).” Does the level of experience have an effect on CRM programs? Exploratory research findings”. Industrial Marketing Management, 33,p, 549–560.
- Hill, B & Green, B. Ch. Repeat Attendance as a Function of Involvement, Loyalty, and the Sportscape across Three Football Contexts. Sport Management Review. 2000; 3: 145–62.
- Kim, Y. K; Trail, G & Jae Ko, Y. The Influence of Relationship Quality on Sport Consumption Behaviors: An Empirical Examination of the Relationship Quality Framework. Journal of Sport Management. 2011; 25: 576-92.
- . Lachowetz, T; McDonald, M; Sutton, W & Clark, J. The National Basketball. Association: Application of Customer Lifetime Value. Sport Marketing Quarterly2001; 10(3), 181-4.
- Lin, H. F., & Lee, G. G.(2005). “Impact of organizational learning and KM factors on e-business adoption”. Management Decision, 43(2),p, 171–188.
- Li, P. (2001)." The critical success factors of customer relationship management (CRM)". technological initiatives. Doctoral Thesis. Concordia University. Roh, T. H., Ahn, C. K., & Han, I. (2005). “The priority factor model for customer relationshipmanagement system success”. Expert Systems with Applications, 28,p, 641–654.
- Masomeh Shafaghaty، Morteza Hazraty (2015). “Analyzing the impact of knowledge management on the success of customer communications with intermediary role of institutional factors in Gilan construction engineering organization”. Journal، P, 278-285.
- Mendoza, L. E., Marius, A., Pérez, M., & Grimán, A. C (2007). “Critical success factorsfor a customer relationship management strategy”. Information and Software Technology, 49. 2007,p, 913–945.
- Motamedih, Alireza, Jafari, Ebrahim (2009). “investigate theimplementationofcustomer relationship managementinthe hospitality industry”. Outlook Management i, number30- Spring, p. 49 -65. (Persian).
- Nguyen, T. H., Sherif, J. S., & Newby, M.(2007). “Strategies for successful CRM implementation”. Information Management & Computer Security, 15(2),p, 102–115.
- Peppard J (2000), “Customer relationship management (CRM) in financial services”, European Management Journal, Vol.18,No.3,p 312-27.
- Rezaie Molk, Narges.Radfar, Reza (2012). "The model forprioritizationof Knowledge Management inimproving the performance ofcustomer relationship management" (Case Study: Bank Sepah). Tehran University Faculty of Management- Volume 5, Number 3. p 63-82. (Persian).
- Rigby, D., Reichheld, F., & Schefter, P(2002). “Avoid the four perils of CRM. Harvard Business Review”, 80(2),p, 101–109.
- Ross S., James J., Vargas P (2006)."Development of a scale to measure team brandassociations in professional sport"; Journal of Sport Management,p. 20-25 .
- Salavati, Adel, Kafcheh, Parviz, Salehpor, Keyvan (2011). "The Effects of knowledge management, customer relationship management Case Study: Rifah Bankin Kurdistan". Fourth Issue16 . Spring.p, 78-59.
- Sin, L. Y. M., Tse, A. C. B., & Yim, F. H. K. (2005) “CRM conceptualization and scale development”. European Journal of Marketing, 39(11/12).,p, 1264–1290.
- SigalaI Marianna (2007). "mplementing Customer Relationship Management in the Hotel Sector: Does “IT” always matter? ", 94 Cathedral Street, Glasgow, G4 0LG, UK.p,143.
- Stephan F.King, Thomas F.Burgess (2007). ‘’Understanding success and failure in customer relationship management’’, Industrial Marketing Management’’, IMM- 06149. P, 11.
- Shets, C. P. Dous, M., Kolbe (2008). “Factors influencing CRM technological initiatives among small and medium sized enterprises in Singapore”, a dissertation presented in part consideration for the degree of master of business administration, University of Nottingham, p,40-60.
- Theodorakis, N.D; Koustelios, A; Robinson, L & Barlas, A. Moderating role of team identification on the relationship between service quality and repurchase intentions among spectators of professional sports. Managing Service Quality. 2009; 19: 456-73.
- Wann D.L (2006)."Understanding the positive social psychological benefits of sportteam identification: The Team Identification-Social Psychological HealthModel"; Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice. 4. p. 26-28
- Wakefield, K. (2014). “Team Sports Marketing”. Jordan Hill: Oxford; 2007. P. 30-60.
- Wells J.D. et al (1999), ”Management information technology (IT) for one to one customer interaction information & management”, Information & Management 35, P 53-62.
- Zablah, A. R., Bellenger, D. N., & Johnston, W. J. (2004). “An evaluation of divergent perspectives on customer relationship management: Towards a common understanding of an emerging phenomenon”. Industrial Marketing Management, 33. p, 475–489.