Document Type : Research Paper
The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between organizational support and customer orientation in employees of Golestan sport and youth offices. The population consisted of employees of Golestan sport and youth offices (N=203) in 2014. Sample size was determined by Cochran Table and stratified random sampling method (n=132). Finally, 125 questionnaires were returned. To collect data, Organizational Support Questionnaire developed by Yavas & Babakus (2009) and Customer Orientation Questionnaire developed by Donavan et al. (2004) were used. Internal consistency of the questionnaires was determined by Cronbach's alpha as 0.84 and 0.87 respectively. Descriptive and inferential statistics were used for data analysis. The findings showed a significant positive relationship between management support and employees’ customer orientation. Also, a significant positive relationship was observed between training and employees’ customer orientation. There was a significant positive relationship between rewarding and employees' customer orientation. Empowerment had a positive significant relationship with employees’ customer orientation. Among dimensions of organizational support, employees’ empowerment and rewarding had the ability to predict their customer orientation. It is recommended that the managers of Golestan Sport and Youth offices should provide a background for employees' customer orientation with a supportive atmosphere.
- ابراهیمینژاد، مهدی؛ شول، عباس (1391). «بررسی رابطۀ اخلاق کسبوکار و مشتریمداری (مطالعۀ موردی: شرکت کاشی الماس کویر)»، پژوهشهای مدیریت در ایران، دورۀ 16، ش 2، ص 33-19.
- الهی، شعبان؛ حیدری، بهمن (1384). مدیریت ارتباط با مشتری، تهران، شرکت چاپ و نشر بازرگانی وابسته به مؤسسۀ مطالعات و پژوهشهای بازرگانی، ص 86.
- Allen, D. G., Shore, L. M., & Griffeth, R. W. (2003). “The role of perceived organizational support and supportive human resource practices in the turnover process”. Journal of Management, 29 (1), pp. 99-118.
- Babakus, E., Yavas, U., Karatepe, O., & Avci, T. (2003). “The effect of management commitment to service quality on employees’ affective and performance outcomes”. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 31 (3), pp. 272-286.
- Bellou, V. (2009). “The role of learning and customer orientation for delivering service quality to patients”. Journal of Health Organization and Management, 24 (4), pp. 383-395.
- Boles, J. S., Babin, B. J., brashear, T. G., & Brooks, C. (2001). “An examination of the relationships between retail work environments, salesperson selling orientation- customer orientation and job performance”. Journal of Marketing, 17, pp.1-13.
- Brown, T. J., Mowen, J. C., Donavan, T., & Licata, J. W. (2002). “The customer orientation of service workers: personality trait determinants and effects on self- and supervisor performance ratings”. Journal of Marketing Research, 39, pp. 110-119.
- Di Xie, M. (2005). “Exploring organizational learning culture, job satisfaction, motivation to learn, organizational commitment and internal service quality in a sport organization”. Ph. D Dissertation, School of the Ohio State University, p. 28.
- Garry Smith, J., & Roy, D. (2011). “Framework for developing customer orientation in ticket sales organizations”. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 20, pp. 93-102.
- Kim, M., & Trail, G. T. (2010). “The effects of service provider employment status and service quality exchange on perceived organizational image and purchase intention”. Sport Management Review, 13(3), pp. 225-234.
- Kohli, A. K., & Jaworski, B. J. (1990). “Market orientation: The construct, research propositions, and managerial, implications”. Journal of Marketing, 54 (4), pp.1-18.
- Larson, B.V., & Steinman, R. B. (2009). “Driving NFL fan satisfaction and return intentions with concession service quality”. Services Marketing Quarterly, 30 (4), pp. 418-428.
- Lassar, W. M., Manolis, C., & Winsor, R. D. (2000). “Service quality perspectives and satisfaction in private banking”. Journal of Services Marketing, 14 (2/3), pp. 244-272.
- Lin, R., Chen, R. H., & Chiu, K. K. S. (2009). “Customer relationship management and innovation capability: an empirical study”. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 110 (1), pp. 111-133.
- Loos, P. (2002). “Concepts of costumer orientation–Internet business model for customer-driven output”. Journal of ECIS, 25, pp. 573-581.
- Nakata, C. & Zhu, Z. (2006). “Information technology and customer orientation: A study of direct, mediated, and interactive linkages”. Journal of Marketing Management, 22 (3/4), pp. 319-354.
- Naviala, A., Garo-Cruces, A., Perez-Turpin, J., & Naviala, R. (2012). “Perceived service quality, perceived value and satisfaction in groups of users of sports organizations in Spain”. Kinesiology, 44 (1), pp. 94-103
- Robinson, L. (2006). “Customer Expectations of Sport Organization”. European Sport Management Quality, 6, pp. 64-67.
- Rozita, A. L. Nor Zana, A. A., Khairulzaman, H., Norlizah, A. H. (2014). “Impact of Sport Complex Services towards Costumer Behavior in Terengganu”. Social and Behavioral Sciences, 153 (16), pp. 410-418.
- Schneider, B. & White, S. S. (2004). “Service Quality: Research Perspectives”. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA, p. 81.
- Shen, Y., Jackson, T., Ding, C., Yuan, D., Zhao, L., Dou, Y., & Zhang, Q. (2014). “Linking perceived organizational support with employee work outcomes in a Chinese context: Organizational identification as a mediator”. European Management Journal, 32 (2), pp. 406-412.
- Soon Yu, H., Zhang, J. J., Kim, D. H., Chen, K. K., Henderson, C., Min, S. D., & Huang, H. (2014). “Service quality, perceived value, customer satisfaction and behavioral intention among Fitness Center members aged 60 years and over”. Social Behavior and Personality, 42 (5), pp. 757-768.
- Yavas, U. & Babakus, E. (2009). “Relationships between organizational support, customer orientation, and work outcomes”. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 28 (3), pp. 222-238.
- Yavas, U., Bilgin, Z. & Shemwell, D. J. (1997). “Service quality in the banking sector in an emerging economy: a consumer survey”. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 15 (6), pp. 217-223.
- Yoon, M., Beatty, S. & Suh, J. (2001). “The effect of work climate on critical employee and customer outcomes: an employee-level analysis”. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 12 (5), pp. 500-521.