Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Physical Education Department, Faculty of Social and Humanity Sciences, University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, Iran
Professor, Physical Education Department, Faculty of humanities, University of Tarbiat Modares, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Sport Management Department, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Tehran Iran
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of management dimensions of fan relationship on fan lifetime value in Iran football premier league. The research method was developmental with regard to the aim and exploratory considering the nature of the study. The data were gathered through interviews, observation, review of the related literature and questionnaires. The statistical population consisted of football fans over the age of 16 and 527 fans were used as the sample. Descriptive and inferential statistics including Kolmogorov-Smirnoff test, Pearson correlation, regression and path analysis were used to analyze the data. The results showed that service quality (0.763) and knowledge management (0.543) had direct effects and organizational support had an indirect effect on fan lifetime value (0.475). In general, results indicated that football clubs need to reform customer-based strategic programs, to pay attention in order to create knowledge and information and to promote service quality in order to increase fan lifetime value.
- ایزدی، بهزاد؛ احسانی، محمد؛ کوزهچیان، هاشم وتجاری، فرشاد. (1393). "بررسی عوامل تأثیرگذار بر موفقیت مدیریت ارتباط با هواداران در لیگ برتر فوتبال ایران". نشریۀ مطالعات مدیریت ورزشی، شمارۀ 24، صص 110-89.
- Almotairi, M. (2009). “A framework for successful CRM implementation". European and Mediterranean Conference on Information System, Izmir, pp: 1-11.
- Campbell, A. J. (2003). “Creating customer knowledge competence: managing customer relationship management programs strategically”. Industrial Marketing Management, 32, pp: 375– 383.
- Chalmeta, R. (2006). “Methodology for customer relationship management”. The Journal of Systems and Software, 79, pp: 1015-1024.
- Chen, I. J., Popovich, K. (2003). “Understanding customer relationship management (CRM)”. Business Process Management Journal, 9(5), pp: 672 – 688.
- Choim, J. P. (2001). “The influence of service quality on customer satisfaction and repurchase intentions at fitness clubs in South Korea”. Dissertation, New Mexico: University of New Mexico, pp: 50- 59.
- Garry, A., Warwick, J., Tapp, A. (2006). “From CRM to FRM: Applying CRM in the football industry”. Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management, 13(2), pp: 156-172.
- Geib, M., Reichold, A., Kolbe, L., Brenner, W. (2005). “Architecture for customer relationship management approaches in financial services”. Proceedings of the 38th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Island of Hawaii, pp: 1-10.
- Goldwasser, R. D. (2007). “How can the internet be successfully used by a professional sports team to manage and develop their fan relationships? A case study of the New Orleans Hornets”. Dissertation, Paris, France: Grenoble Ecole de Management, pp: 9 – 11.
- Goodhue, D. L., Wixom, B. H., Watson, H. J. (2002). “Realizing business benefits through CRM: Hitting the right target in the right way”. MIS Quarterly Executive, 1(2), pp: 79-94.
- Gronroos, C. (1994). “From marketing mix to relationship marketing: Towards a paradigm shift in marketing”. Management Decision, 32(2), pp: 4–20.
- Hill, B., Green, B. Ch. (2000). “Repeat attendance as a function of involvement, loyalty, and the sport scape across three football contexts”. Sport Management Review, 3, pp: 145–162.
- Howard, D. R., Crompton, J. L. (2003). “An empirical review of the stadium novelty effect”. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 12(2), pp: 111-116.
- Ing Wu, S., Chi Li, P. (2011). “The relationships between CRM, RQ, and CLV based on different hotel preferences”. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(2), pp: 262–271.
- Kale, S. H. (2004). “CRM failure and the seven deadly sins”. Marketing Management, 13(5), pp: 42-46.
- Kim, Y. K., Trail, G., Jae Ko, Y. (2011). “The influence of relationship quality on sport consumption behaviors: An empirical examination of the relationship quality framework”. Journal of Sport Management, 25, pp: 576-592.
- Ko, Y. J., Pastore, D. L. (2004). “A hierarchical model of service quality for the recreational sport industry”. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 14(2), pp: 84-97.
- Lachowetz, T., McDonald, M., Sutton, W., Clark, J. (2001). “The national basketball association: Application of customer lifetime value”. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 10(3), pp: 181-184.
- Lin, T. H. (2004). “Relative fan satisfaction and franchise brand loyalty: a relationship model of Taiwan professional baseball fans”. Dissertation, Alabama: United States Sports Academy, pp: 106-111.
- Lin, Y., Su, H. Y., Chien, Sh. (2005). “A knowledge-enabled procedure for customer relationship management”. Industrial Marketing Management, 35(4), pp: 446-456.
- Liu, Y. Ch. (2008). “An analysis service quality, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty of commercial swim clubs in Taiwan”. Dissertation, Alabama: United States Sports Academy, pp: 93-106.
- McDonald, M. (1996). “Service quality and lifetime value in professional sport franchises”. Dissertation, Amherst: University of Massachusetts Amherst, pp: 65-90.
- Nguyen, T. H., Sherif, J. S., Newby, M. (2007). “Strategies for successful CRM implementation”. Information Management & Computer Society, 15, pp: 102-115.
- Rygielski, Ch., Wang, J. Ch., Yen, D. C. (2002). “Data mining techniques forcustomer relationship management”. Technology in Society, 24, pp: 483–502.
- Salomann, H., Dous, M., Kolbe, L., Brenner, W. (2005). “Knowledge management capabilities in CRM: Making knowledge for, from and about customers work”. Proceedings of the Eleventh Americas Conference on Information Systems, Omaha, NE, USA, pp: 167 – 178.
- Theodorakis, N. D., Alexandris, K., Jae Ko, Y. (2011). “A service quality framework in the context of professional football in Greece”. International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship, 12(4), pp: 37-351.
- Wakefield, K. (2007). “Team sports marketing”. Oxford, UK: Linacre House, Jordan Hill, pp: 37 – 58.
- Wikstrom, C. E. (2004). “A case study of emergent and intentional organizational change: Some implications for customer relationship management success”. Proceedings of the 37th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences,Big Island, Hawaii, USA, pp: 1-10.
- Wilcox, P. A., Gurau, C. (2003). “Business modeling with UML: the implementation of CRM system for online retailing”. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 10, pp: 181–191.
- Xu, M., Walton, J. (2005). “Gaining customer knowledge through analytical CRM”. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 105(7), pp: 955-971.
- Zineldin, M. (2006). “The quality of health care and patient satisfaction: an exploratory investigation of the 5Qs model at some Egyptian and Jordanian medical clinics”. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 19(1), pp: 60-92.